Police Killings in Katrina?

CNN

ABC

How the hell does it take 5 years to put these guys in jail?

11 cops killing civilians and covering it up?

double yew, tee, eff…

Wow… that is insane

I’m not surprised. Katrina was a friggin’ war zone. Armed gangs were looting and attacking people for supplies so the Local government deputized and sent in Blackwater. Then they shot at anyone who they thought was up to no good.

Glad I wasn’t there.

so you think all those that were unarmed and shot in the back were up to no good? what could they have been doing that could cause such a consequence. I agree that a lot of ppl were doing effed up ish, but i highly doubt that THESE particular ones who were killed were threatening to the police officers.

And i am too greatful that i have never had to experience that.

I don’t think that at all, I never even read the story, lol. I’m not surprised people got shot either way.

There was a story on NPR about this. A black man was shot by a cop, his friends rescued him to safety and went to more cops looking for help, they beat the friends while the shot man bled to death. Then the cops took the car, the now dead man and burned him and the car. DNA evidence proved this was the man and the back ass cover up shows the officers knew what was what. They are fucked. Rightfully so.

I fucking hate cops. True terrorists of a repressed society. Serve and protect, my ass. More like find more ways to make money off of you. The public is a fucking ATM to most of these assholes and they make a withdraw with every bullshit ticket.

Story can be read here. So very very sad and disheartening.

i like you

starting making trouble in ma neighborhood

Dont you guys remember seeing Sean Penn running around with a 12 gauge down there when this all happened? He should be the one to blame.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hnqpvFwIwnw/S1X6utTBUFI/AAAAAAAAFJI/s1wfgLB39Mw/s1600/Sean%2BPenn%2Bgun%2B091005%2Bmed.jpg

There have been soooo many times I’ve been told “Cash now, or Jail, you choose”

lol at witness

any time Blackwater is deployed into an area, people are going to die…sorry, just the way it is.

but if there is enough evidence to convict these officers, hang 'em…only thing is, there’s always two sides to every story.

I feel that the average cop has a pretty low intelligence level. I realize the jobs don’t pay as well as they should to attract people of higher caliber, but the hiring system is at fault here as well.

Cops usually get hired because they know someone, not because they are the best person for the job. Which is truly sad because they do have so much power. I would really love to see a society, where police are highly paid extremely smart individuals on the same level as a doctor, lawyer etc. A cop should actually uphold social conduct and what is right. To be able to make decisions such as these each an individual must be highly intelligent to start, followed up by intensive training of course.

The system is critically flawed, and anyone who thinks it isn’t is just utterly wrong. Look at any local police force. Who are the officers? All friends and/or relatives of someone else in power. I’d love to see a survey were a perfectly qualified cop applies for positions all over the country to help quantify how corrupt all offices really are.

The entire situation here is a shame.

I agree when you’re talking about inner city police or officers in shitty areas like New Orleans, L.A, etc.

But in the 'burbs it’s a bit different. Amherst for example requires 60 credit hours of college education and they make a good amount of cash, as much as ~$80k a year so I’m told.

http://www.amherst.ny.us/govt/govt_dept.asp?dept_id=dept_16&div_id=div_23&menu_id=menu_06

$80K is solid, but 60 credit hours is a JOKE. It doesn’t have to be anything to do with the job at all, just 60 credit hours. Maybe 60 credit hours plus an addition 30 credit hours at a police based school, something like West Point but for police officers. (I believe the Troopers USED to do this but have stopped due to society becoming a bunch of pussies.)

I know guys that have degrees in multimedia that are in pulling in 60K+ per year as LEOS because they know people. I also know guys with criminal justice degrees working for much less with no “in” to get into actual Law Enforcement.

How is someone with a Psychology/Multimedia/xxx degree better qualified then someone with a criminal justice degree? Oh because their daddy knows joe blow so they hook him up with a CAKE cop job in the 'burbs.

A criminal justice degree is not all that important to the job required of police officers. It all comes down to their training. Erie County uses the same academy for all the towns, sheriffs, etc and it is a very good academy. On top of that I know Amherst PD forces their new hires to go through its own training after academy.

So this cop pulls me over and asks, “Do you know why I am standing here”?
I reply with,“Because you got all Cs in high school”?:gotme:

^^ LOL

Given the type of job and hours you people should be glad anyone would do it let along someone with 60+ crhrs of education. Working holidays, swing shift, potential for danger, seeing thing you would rather not, countless of confrontational instances, etc etc. I am sure cops in Amherst and other burbs have it pretty good but basically for the money its going to be hard to get “prime” candidates in that type of work thats for damn sure. Especially in any crime ridden city.

East Aurora has a bunch of Buffalo cops living there. That says a lot, they get paid well and they know Buffalo is so shitty they won’t even live there.