Police selling aftermarket parts

Did anyone else see that news topic on Global, about the local police selling Parts from confiscated cars that were street racing. It was like a 2 mins section, just thought that was pretty hypocritical, but at the same time they make a very valid point. Just because it can be used illegally doesn’t mean it should.

^^Except you get pulled over and ticketed for having them in/on your car.

Can anyone find a link to confirm this?

^^Except you get pulled over and ticketed for having them in/on your car.

Can anyone find a link to confirm this?

They probably mean wheels, and seats and stuff like that, not straight pipe exhausts. lol

Go to news hour->Special reports->Selling Street Racing Parts (Aug 04)

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/ontario/video/index.html

Except they use those things as “identifiers” to target vehicles…

Except they use those things as “identifiers” to target vehicles…

such as clear tail lights, oversized tachs, loud exhausts and NAAAWWS

Pffft, thats nothing what about the shit ha doens’t make the news that they sell out the back door? Like guns, crack and cocaine, hookers etc…

Where can I buy a gun?

“quite frankly its a little silly”

“its clear that they’re going to be used for one thing, and thats street racing”

So its impossible that we actually go to the track? If anyone noticed, there was a CSCS sticker on the boosted green crx…

What i don’t understand is that they want us to go to the track to get street racing off the streets, but when we get to the track cops are waiting right outside the gates handing safety and emissions tickets, improper exhausts, “to-much-tint”…

How do they expect gratitude if all we get is the same disrespect they want out of this place?

how are there prices?

Forget guns, I want a hooker and some cocaine so I can snort it off her ass!

their prices is 10% of wat is selling regularly… the news i saw they were selling twin turbos huge ones lol … more car profiling.

“A couple of SR20’s would command a premium before race wars”

I wonder how they react to a lowball offer, lmao:moon:

hey lets all lowball the cops lol

we’d probably get shot

WELL SAID!!!

I don’t think it’s a good idea to lowball cops.

I’d be a bit paranoid about that… Then the cops know who you are and your car and all that… I think it would help them know a little bit more of where to hit next time.

Anyone else agree?

nice find on the link. this was pretty surprising to see. Martino, your statement pretty much sums it up. +1 for a great post.