Police Street Racing Video

I have yet to be pulled over by the cops (knock on wood), but does this actually happen? I didn’t know cops would be this tight.

Ok well giving you the benifit of the fact your a newb and seem to not be familar with the regional police stance on tuned cars I will tell you what I have heard. Most people get pulled over at some point for their exhausts its just somthing you live with for having it but it usualy ammounts to just a fine and nothing more. As for police pulling vehicles over and doing full inspections, that is somthing that will happen if you choose to drive a vehicle which draws un needed attention to itself and also if you drive in a manner that would make a police officer want to pull you over.

My advice keep your car clean looking and not like a pile or parts, keep stickers off that police are going to accociate with racing, drive like a sane human and you should not get much trouble. Also this video is for Cali where they have SUPER strict laws about what your car can and cannot have and they have the CARB bs.

I hate california :cry: I don’t want to live there :cry: I mean people should drive with common-sense and reason… not like lunatics and all that, but we shouldn’t be restricted as to what we own! This is ridiculous! Our car is OUR property!

but it is used on public property.

that is why a car that is only used on your property and a track you can do what ever you want to it.

p.s. I am not a modification hater

FOOOO man CHOOOO

the breather thing everyone knows is illegal. As for adjustable cam gears fuel pressure regulator etc didnt kno that was illegal…Im just hoping all those megan goodies from varun are legal.

I’m not sure what this breather thing is… someone mind explaininng? I’ve seen it before on people’s cars (on the internet not in real life) and been dying to know… sorry for sounding stupid but I don’t know :oops:

^^^^^^^^They do absolutly NOTHING other than look good. to sum1 that knows nothing about cars. Its that tiny little air filter thing that comes from the valve cover. Its a emissions thing.

Emission thing? What does it do? I’ve seen it on 4AGE engines before… and always wondered what is it… a tiny little filter… heh…

Nasty air from the valve cover comes out of a hose from the valve cover and gets re-circulated into the intake and back threw the engine. rice racers stick a filter onto this line to prevent rocks and other stuff from getting into the line into the valve cover. SO by putting the filter on there that nasty air is being dumped into the atmosphere instead of being re-circulated threw the engine. This being BAD for emmisions and gets you 110 fine i think…maybe more i cant remember. And why people do it!!! No clue, there no hp gain? its just cheap looks for under the hood…may as well spend sum money on a dress up kit and make all your lines red or blue.

Uhh… to prevent rocks?

It’s to vent excess oil vapor from the engine, it puts it back into the intake system to get burnt off. The only reason I can see for people to remove this feature and put a crappy little filter on the end is so excess oil vapor isnt put through the intake system (or intercooler) and mixed into the engine air/fuel mixture.
I dont think the amount of oil vapor released is enough to ruin anything, and if it is, theres probably bigger problems.

Another reason is some aftermarket intake pipes dont have a place to route the oil vapor back in.

Well, with a lot of turbo cars there is a fair amount of oil blowby so the PCV system sees a bit more dirtiness than usual.

The vacuum from the intake actually helps suck out the vapors from the block/head. Ideally you’d run a catch can to collect the oil residue to minimize the amount of crap getting back into the combustion chamber. The system remains a closed loop, no filters, no problems (for most cops).

Technically the EPA regulation that limits emissions says that any modification to the emissions system is a $300+ fine. A catch can is technically a modification but since the system remains closed loop, the MTO/EPA bastards might be a little more lenient.

anyone have any experience relating to this?

A guy I work with, his wife is a cop here in K-W and he was saying you do not have to open your hood for a cop unless he/she has reason to belive there is open alcohol in the car or drugs. People need to stand up for their rights and not be intimidated by cops.

Would that include aftermarket gauges, big tach, shift light etc etc? I think thats a good reason to suspect modification under the hood. Alc and drugs dont exactly mean theres sumthing under the hood but possibly stashed inside of the car and trunk. Im pretty sure they have the rights to do a under the hood inspection wether or not their a class A mecahnic or not. Id rather not get arrested anyways…the impound storage fee would kick my ass and id be bent :evil:, what do i have to hide under the hood anyways :roll:

I’m just saying regardless of what you have done to your car the cops need a valid reason to pull you over and search your car. Unless they have someone there from the MTO. It’s not a matter of having anything to hide it’s a matter of our rights.

^^^^^ cops don’t need a reason to do anything, their reason is, “I’m a cop!”

hey I’m all about sticking up for your rights and all, but if you refuse a request from the cops, you are asking for trouble, regardless wether or not its thier business. from my experience at least…