pulled over for nothing

few nights ago i got pulled over on highway 7 by a cop. Apparently he did a plate check on my car and saw that i was from kitchener, asked me what i was doing in toronto and what not, and asked me to pop the hood and trunk. So to avoid any hassle i just did what he asked. Now if anything was modded in my car could they impound the car? i’ve heard bits and pieces about these new laws but haven’t really paid too much attention, anyone know what the deal is now??

as far as I know, if your parts are street legal and you’re not speeding and you’re car isn’t stolen or whatever he can’t do anything. eg, NOS is very bad.

but you’re right, that area is very fuzzy these days.

about them impounding and CRUSHING your car? I have a long rant about that. Canadian charter of rights and freedoms and so forth. I’m too tired to get into that right now.

Grimace, do you happen to be black?

Fargus may be correct, but as far as I understand they have the authority to impound your car even for suspicion of illegal mods - so I believe even if you didn’t have any mods to your car that he could have technically impounded it if he, a) wanted to be a dickface or, b) was sincerely suspicious of illegal modifications

lol random fobwall question for the win

anyway back on topic, to answer your question, the choice is up to the cop’s discretion on if they “think” you’re street racing or a street racer. ive talked to a few toronto cops i know and they said that they have bigger fish to fry but some of the others are just ticket happy so yeah; like fargus said as long as your car is street legal, they got nothing on you and if they do claim you street racing when you’re not or claim you have mods, fight it hardcore because as the cops arent mechanics and theres a chance they may be just winging it and picking on you because you look young and can be taken advantage of.

+1

I was thinking the exact same thing before even opening the thread.

welcome to my life.

• 3 times for “opps I typed in the wrong plate and it came back stolen”
  • 3 times for “match the description of a suspicious vehicle” - with a 1 of a kind paint scheme

This is why I got rid of all my Aero and made a Custom Exhaust which is quiet. I can seriously drive right along side a cop without him even looking at me and I’ve yet to be pulled over once whether it be for a modifed car or loud exhaust…

That and I dont drive like an idiot so my car doesnt attract much attention

my car is loud as shiet, i still drive all places…i have passed a few cops going the same lane as i am in. sure i get pulled over, im not worried tho. my only problem is i have a crack in my window and i can just say i wil lget it fixed…or my exhaust…but 110 isnt that bad

lol, last time i looked in the mirror i had slanted eyes and a tan, maybe he thought i was mixed.

so what would happen if they popped the hood and saw an SR in there?

Nowadays, I don’t know why they pick on guys that aren’t street racing
and under some suspicion they pull you over to harass you…

sure if there’s something easily noticeable or something bad, but they can’t be going around, seeing a nice car and then start pulling people over, especially if their records are clean…

for example, what if someone has a modified car, but solely for racing on the track, the way the government and police want it, but instead while driving sanely/legally on the street they get pulled over and harassed because they suspect your a street racer or been street racing, the system is really messed…

depending on there knowledge of cars they might not know thats its not stock, depending on the cleanlyness of the install. the SR still says nissan on the top

There’s nothing wrong with having an SR in your car if you have all emissions equipment present. There is no law against having more horsepower, just against removing emission control equipment. You could have a twin turbocharged viper motor and they still wouldn’t be able to do a damn thing about it if it has a cat, and all the emission crap that came factory on the viper. It’s all just scare tactics.

Well as far as Im aware… 98% of people who do an SR swap do not use/hook up the EGR/AIV system. So the only ticket someone with an SR could get would be for an unhooked/missing emissions equipment similar to running a 3’’ exhaust with no cat.

Only way they would know the EGR is missing is if they MTO did an inspectiong and couldnt find it as I’d highly doubt a cop would know what the EGR looks like let alone where to look for it.

Most cops wouldn’t know what an SR looks like. Those who do are probably enthusiasts, in which case, would be less like to give ticket/impound your car…does that sound about right?

Tell them that that’s all you could afford and that you plan on doing an LS1 swap soon.

cops arnt mechanics and they have next to no knowledge about cars, i cop aske dme to pop my hood open i had a sr in my s13 that time i was watching him and by the looks on his face he had no clue about what he was looking at.

they just look for anything neon color’d or shiney.

flatt black

man the first 5 days of having my s13 on the road i got pulled over 4 times. for no reason. once was cause i had a little toy monkey hanging from my tow hook. cops arnt that bright.

lol yeh