Poll: Cheap drift car

a s13 hatch is 99.9% the cheapest budget “drift” car you’d be able to find
you can also try a FC like someone posted above. and i wouldnt exactly call skylines + ae86’s cheap…

you could also get a cressy lol. but then again, you’d be morally forced to swap a 2j in there so maybe scratch that

get anything thats rwd and you can afford

Fc3s rx7

stupid Cheap now adays comes with 5 lug, 4 piston, Lsd in most cars N/a’s runs just as long as any piston motor and faster than any N/a K24de
Chassis parts, brakes are really cheap

they tend not to have rot or frame issues A very strong chassis great for any kind of power plant you may want to swap in

Swaps are cheap and theres ton of them that have been done

Turbo fc’s are pretty awesome too but you need to be prepared to do a rebuild if you up the boost

^^ If you want the most unreliable fuckpile of a rotary motor, cause the nly cheap RX7’s have motor problems (TII).

Lol @ the Scoobie towing!! Get a new clutch and flywheel…tow it until the stock ones die (doesn’t take long even without the towing) then gimme a call! hahahahahahahahahah dooooooooo it. As for the cheapest drift car…Definetly an S13,…with a well tuned KA-T. Cause those motors are cheeeeap

Hyundai Accent. Hands down.

If we were rallying, HELL yes. sadly, fwd=fail

Tercel, for fwd my friend! lol

far as i know only turbo II comes with lsd…
but yeah there is a tons of parts for them out there…

and yes na does hold up little longer then turbo II does… but… its not an rx7 with out any turbo…

lol since when bro

e30 BMW, thats whats up if you dont want a 240.

Honestly you DO not need to have an SR To have fun.

Buy a good shell, toss some used coilovers or eBay coils, a cheap or Megan multi link, welded diff and maybe a bucket seat. That’s all you need to have fun… Oh and lots, lots and LOTS of rubber.

Now if you want, you can toss some bolt on upgrades at the KA.

Many people I have talked to feel that they did there motorswaps far too early. And also you should develop your skills on a KA as they can be bought for about $150-300 of you blow it. Along with this, Cal and Martino are the perfect example of learning their car before they swap in a motor as both of them learned on a KA if I’m not mistaken.

I’ve been in a track Accent with a Tiburon 2L motor, that thing moved pretty well. Was gutted, race seats, coils, cage, not a bad little car.

^ there is a guy in my town with a 01? accent, 2 liter tiburon engine swap, turbo’d and stripped, coilovers and all that, hella quick and fun car.

get a van!

might as well bring a towel with ya in that van because you will be crying everytime you fill it up. Not gonna lie, those vans are balling. I wanna cry everytime I gotta fill up my car. I might as well just get a van. Who wants an RB25 S14? Will accept trades for balling vans and cash on top :p.

I couldn’t sell my KA for more than $100 with a good engine and tranny. They are pissss cheap.

grab the 240 and just do a build with the engine you want in it, 3gs will find you a pretty decent one

go lease a brand new car…

warrenty babi~ :smiley:

I have a blacktop SR powered 240 already. This is just a curiosity/opinion thread. Not me asking what car i should buy.

I have a 2006 WRX but i didnt want to pay 4,200 for the extended warrenty…only 2 years and 60,000km which would have lasted 1 year with me driving to toronto from barrie and back 5 days a week.

Get a 1983 Hyundai Pony!!! It’s RWD and 1983 was the first year for the Pony in Canada, it might become a collectors item and be worth money some day!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3400/3270050089_8350abaf33.jpg