Poll: GTR or ZR1

This won’t take long at all. I’m guessing there are plenty of custom shops itching to dig into one of these

True, but it’s already behind by 170 ft-lbs. To match the ZR1 and add a couple hundred ft-lbs, you’re looking at nearly doubling the output of an already highly-tuned engine.

$30,000 would probably buy quite a bit of aftermarket HP.

I know we’re comparing stock to stock, but you can’t just forget about the 30k price difference.

Not to mention by the time the local GM dealers get done raping most of their customers very few people will get a 100k ZR1.

GTR, but i’m always biased towards nissans so what do i know :slight_smile:

Alternative financing plan: Charge people $5 every time the word “skyline” is mentioned in your car’s presence?

I just think the ZR-1 would be more fun.

I went GT-R. Gotta have my AWD! Although the tranny issue might annoy me. I’ve never driven a car with paddle shifters though. It might be cool.

gt-r. the saved money will likely give the owner enough HP to beat out the ZR-1. Oh, and I’ll take my rare supercar without the cheap interior.

Also, any magazine that reviews vettes says the same thing, the car turns out awesome numbers, but it does not feel too great. Bad steering feedback and other stuff that I don’t feel like looking up.

No clutch no care.

x…

Everyone knows I love AWD BUT…

• Dry weight 3155 lbs
  • 5.2 lbs per HP ratio (3324 lbs/638 HP)
  • Official Torque Rating - SAE 604 TQ @ 3800 RPM

AND the picture of the GTR next to the Porsche killed it for me.

The new Vette is just stupid.
I’ll take one.

I have to say the ZR1 for several reasons. 1 being that i love the LSX platform. Also you can’t go wrong with a Manual + RWD setup. The roots style blower in nice as well, instant torque. I can’t wait for these to come out and see what a full exhaust, a pulley and a tune will churn out. Should be pretty nice.

Eh, bad poll IMO. It should be either GTR vs. Z06 or Spec-V vs. ZR1. And I’ve only driven the Z06, so I can’t even make a proper decision.

+1

i think the poll should compare the potential spec v gtr to the zr1…and/or the gtr to the zo6

i think i’d personally go with the gtr, because i’m a nissan owner and lover at heart, and in the end the zr1 is still “just” a corvette…

Hate, hate, hate. :mad:

X…

ZR1

The power of the new ZR1 is NOT to much for RWD. Plus when it comes to handling, the best handling cars in the world are RWD and have alot more power than the ZR1 and they ARE paddleshifted.

The GTR is by NO means the best handling street car out there, but it is for $70k. It’s AWD so it is much easier to drive at the limit by a person of average driving skills.

Stock tire ZO6’s have gone 10.9, so i wouldn’t be surprised if just slicks makes the ZR1 go 9.9.

With a different blower/turbo that’s intercooled the ZR1 could make WELL above 1000hp. I mean WAY above 1000hp.

I don’t see why the ZR1 couldn’t be tuned to out handle the GTR either. Plus the ZR1 will be way more fun to drive so my vote between these 2 is totally ZR1.

side thought: It would be interesting to see a F430 scuderia against a GTR seeing as the scuderia out handles an enzo.

ZR1

:fail: :picard:

not enough info on the spec V GTR, for this purpose.

I know, there is little info about the ZR1 as well, but its bred from the Z06 chassis, which is very well proven over the last few years… as opposed to the GTR chassis.

Again, very well proven - as opposed to a few laps on a couple of tracks.

ZR1.