Poll: GTR or ZR1

I’m honestly surprised at some of the ZR1 votes in the poll.

Just got back from Lunch, R&T latest issue has GTR vs Z06 vs 911 turbo comparison on the shelves.

Heres the specs
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0508_ct_GTRZ06911_chart.pdf

Article

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6594

:tup:

ZR-1 all the way. No constest.

i picked the GTR because there’s too many zr1’s driving around now.

explain?

:rofl:

had to be different huh

From the article the GTR blows away the vette and the 911 on the roadcourse. If your into roll racing it looks like the vette rules top end wise.

HOw much $ would it take to turn a z06 into ZR1 performance levels?

If by ZR1 performance levels, you mean 638 / 604 flywheel… not much. A bottled & Cammed bolt-on LSX will do that pretty easily.

:picard:

the Z06 anyway… if the GTR is behind that on the top end then the ZR1 is going to hand it its ass in that department. Similar to matching up cars that run even with a base C6 against a Z06.

The brakes on the ZR1 would probably be the most expensive upgrade, which would require 19in. front wheels of coarse.

The GT-R’s handling was in a league by itself. The suspension felt more compliant than the Japan-spec model’s, yet still provided unbelievable stability through all variety of corners. Just when you think you feel the rear end coming out, stay on the throttle and let the ATTESA E-TS awd system do its thing. It’ll immediately transfer as much as 50 percent of the engine torque to the front wheels (the torque split for normal driving is 2/98), stabilizing the car without sacrificing speed. The Nissan’s handling balance is so spectacular that it registered 1.01g on the skidpad and romped through the slalom at an impressive 73.4 mph, about 3 mph faster than the others (and faster than the Ferrari Enzo).

GM better have a lot planned for the ZR1 in the handling department then.

That’s the comparison Top Gear is going to make. :tup:

GTR. If you’re just giving me a car then I want the one that’s cooler. So I could have a factory supercharged vette or the most sophisticated Japanese supercar ever?

I’ll take the one with the configurable touch screen display that can show everything from fuel mileage to accelerometer readings in comparison to driver inputs, bose audio with a hard drive, etc etc etc.

The lack of a clutch pedal is a turn off, but I’ll let it slide. Those who have actually driven paddle shift cars claim that it’s pretty cool anyhow.

I love it when people make claims about something they know nothing about.

I am interested to see which has the most issues first production year

GTR > Z06

ZR1 > GTR

And holy jeebus at the GTR’s wheelbase :holyjeebus:

Oh, and you mentioned daily driving.

The GTR has a back seat. :slight_smile:

The more I think about it, the more I think GTR by a mile.

lol, yea. But… that’s kinda what this thread uis about too.

Yea… you planning on driving the car anytime soon? Or just playing with the indash.