Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

Ive got Rotella in the Mustang now because it has additives that are good for breaking in a new motor.

Its getting Supertech when it needs an oil change though. At the rate I drive it thats gonna be a year or two.

Agreed. I use the 5w40, just like the 5 better for cold starts (rare on that car I know). Synthetic/non synthetic is overrated.

Should be done yearly, regardless if mileage.

mitsubishi MLS HG.i wouldnt touch any other HG on it.

ARP headstuds go without saying ofcourse.

The only reason I use semi-synthetic in the truck is because its cheaper than the regular shit.
The Motorcraft 5w20 is cheaper than Supertech 5w20 because for some reason they dont have Supertech 5w20 in the 5 quart jugs and single quarts cost more than the jug.

Bingo :thumbup

I dont believe in doing that. Ive always gone by mileage and not time.
Its got 2000+ miles before it needs a change.

thats why your cars blow up.

oil is CHEAP quit being such a cheapskate.

if it sits for a while, change the oil. its like 40$.

FWIW, Rotella no longer packs the zinc additives they used to into their mixes. They stopped doing that to comply with they new diesel emmission bullshit that was passed a few years back. If you’re still looking for the zinc and molybdenum, you’ve really got to add it(Lucas)

Yup, in the winter I drop to the 5w so the motor isn’t pushing maple syrup up to the lifters. I’m also afraid that pushing the 15w cold through the oil cooler will split it(it’s not thermostatic, runs open constant to keep oil temps below ~110c on these motors)

which is cheap. there are a few zinc/moly additives available.

Wrong.

That oil pjb bought looks like rebadged autozone brand oil.

the only motor that I ever had blow up was in my '96 Blazer and it spun a bearing because of a bad intake gasket.

The motor in my Mustang never blew up and would probably run just fine. The issue was that the fucktard at the shop I took it to for headgaskets didnt get the heads checked out because he thought they looked ok by eye and he misadjusted the valves and one or two of them hit the pistons making the noise I was hearing. The heads were warped to shit and I got them fixed before I sold them.

When they were off we noticed some oil getting past the rings. Nothing serious and most likely just due to having normal wear for 102k. Instead of putting new rings on I decided to get a new shortblock.

my grandmother’s car had 34k when we sold it last year and it was a '93 and she only got an oil change every 3k miles and it ran fine.

Its great oil, but in reality you can’t really buy a ‘bad’ oil, just the wrong oil for the application. Yes, if you really try you can find some “A” or “F” rated shit for older cars, but you really gotta look.

actually its Ford Motorcraft oil like a Ford dealer sells

yup, so your CREDIT CARD PURCHASED 347 stroker is gonna only get the oil changed by the mileage. way to care about your engine… oil breaks down d00d. plus the fuel that makes it way into the oil. sitting too long is bad for it. if you only drive 1000miles over a period of 3-4months. CHANGE IT. its not a ford taurus. its a performance engine, maintain it like one :retardclap

I didn’t say that not changing it 1x a year would cause it to ‘not run fine’, but there is a difference between ‘running fine’ and running to the best of it’s abilities.

Just burn oil like me, its like having fresh oil all the time

The oil was changed in the fall anyway.