Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

i’m down!!! maybe ill throw that pile on the road today!

About time dude! now I can spill the beans in your fb post lol.

lemme crank up the IP first :lol

Just picked these up for myself:

• 64GB Solid State SATA III Hard Drive (OS and often used programs/files). Going to be running at SATA 3.0 for the time being until I get my new CPU/Mobo in a few weeks which supports SATA 6.0. Can’t wait for that…355mb/s read speads and 80mb/s write speeds.
  • 2TB SATA 6.0 Seagate Hard Drive (Data Storage). Running SATA 3.0 until the same thing as above.
  • 8GB DDR3 1600 Memory
  • 3.5" HD Cooler

http://images10.newegg.com/ProductImageCompressAll300/20-233-153-02.jpg

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/22-148-506-Z01?$S300W$

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/20-231-401-TS?$S300W$

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/35-150-085-TS?$S300W$

actually used to hate gskill… never had anything but problems with it

Lately thou for the price you can’t fucking beat them… and they overclock pretty good.

I go by NewEggs “best rating” sort of products within a category. Has never failed me.

As far as OC’ing…I’ve tried it once but usually just build monsters when I upgrade so I have no need for it and they usually run fine till 2-3yrs later when it’s time to upgrade again.

ehh, even when i build monsters I overclock… at least for a little while… its fun to squeeze as much as you can out

The ones on the fenders upfront? Theyre clean, no gussets, same as my A6. Came with em.
http://shop.goingfast.com/images/product_images/info_images/k_3473_mk4_cryst_clear_turns1.jpg
They look just like this. Just a smooth piece of plastic covering it and chrome-ish inside. Or did you mean white inside as well?

Will do, Wayne! I just need to do some basic maintenance on it. It just turned over 144k. So far I need to replace the front brakes, theyre worn out, They look oem. The rears are kinda worn, but they dont seem bad at all. The fronts feel like theres a little wave to them, like theyre slightly warped and the pedal goes pretty deep before you feel them grab, but I have no problems slowing down or stopping with them. It can possibly wait till spring/summer when its nicer outside. The tires seem fine, it’s got all 4 michelin tires on it and theres good tread on them still. Another couple of things I noticed is the dome light switch is funky. It keeps the lights on when you put it to the far left(lights on when door’s open and off when its closed), its off at the O position in the middle and turns the lights on fine pushed far right. So, I’m thinking i just need to replace that. There is no liquid coming out of the windshield washers. I am not sure what the problem is there. Every now and then it beeps at me and turns on the little light on the dash. The container is full though. I can guess all day, but i just need to get in there and see whats up. Other than that I’d just need a good once over to check if theres anything immediate that needs to be addressed. I will keep in touch :slight_smile:

You think I need a fuel psi gauge? I was thinking of boost/voltage/oil pressure gauges. I dont want to get them to make it look kool or like a racecar or anything, I just want to establish a baseline and look for changes in it for keeping an eye on the car. There was also this one thing I found online. It’s a small box that plugs into your obdII port and it connects to an iphone/ipad/itouch via bluetooth and then displays several things at once. I was thinking of using something like that instead of several gauges to save on cost, but if it’s cheaper to buy some VDO or some simple plain looking gauges i’ll just do that. I would just prefer them to match OEM lighting though. Same as the boost gauge in the A6. If theres some gauges you guys know of that are made specifically for the OEM lighting in an MK4, please let me know, i’d rather use something like that if its reasonably priced. Another issue I wanted to address with gauges was the mounting points. I dont really want to put them on the A pillar, my car has airbags there, its a safety issue. I thought about putting them in a 3 piece pod on the small panel just between the steering wheel and the dashboard or up near the sunroof switch because theres a big spot there thats not used by anything and I dont need the sunglass pocket there.

Mine starts just fine, even with the recent temperatures. It starts anywhere between 1/2 to 2 cranks. I just wait for the coil light to go away, give it a couple seconds and it starts right up.

This car is from Cali. I was specifically searching for one from Cali, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South and North Carolinas. just a southern/south western car from a pretty nice climate. This car is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT. It was worth the time 100%, same as my A6. This is why I was asking about undercoatings. I dont want to buy a clean Cali car, bring it to NY and then watch it dissolve in a year starting at the rock chips.

yea, i know! you almost ruined it with your one post, you JERK! hahaha :lol

Makes sense. You know shipping is going to be like $1000-$1500?

I do need a fuel pressure gauge due to my fuel system. Iam running an intank 255 and and inline bosch 044 so I would like to monitor fuel pressure incase of the failure of a pump. Im also going to be running a base pressure of 100psi with the new Injector Dynamics i bought so I wanna make sure that pressure isnt going to drop or else ill be building another motor. For your TDi i wouldnt put any gauges on the pillar. Get a boost guage and thats it. Mount in ontop of the steering column

Sounds like someone else gots bababababakarian money

Pete is bbaalin’.

Is that golf course hiring? If so sign me up.

yup! i looked into it before making a purchase. btw, i got the car here for under 900 bucks through DAS. 0 problems and the car was insured during shipping and it had 5 days free storage after delivery date. it’d have cost me like twice as much to go and pick it up and drive it back myself, plus the extra miles. id love to go on a trip like that someday.

ahhhh, ic ic. yea, im not building a dragster. its going to be a nice commuter type car. i was thinking of getting an egr gauge as well. but grabbin that blue tooth device could allow me to get 0 gauges and just monitor it all from the itouch on a mount on the dash.

wah? the roost?

Fixed :thumbup

yes, that. thanks you. u knew what i meant :slight_smile:

vot 5mt or auto? service records? hows the intake manifold look? gummed up?

It’s auto. i dont have service records, but i was informed that once I have and own the car and have the title in hand I can call the dealerships where it was serviced and obtain records. What I was wondering is if i can go to any vw dealer and have them look it up, if they have a shared system that allows that. If not, then i will just call the dealerships its been serviced and check on oil changes and timing belt changes.i havent looked inside the manifold, its just been stupid cold. i’ll grab my heater back from Jef-fa-fa and have a look at it. If you have a chance to drop by and have a look at it, I’d appreciate it very much, Pete. Just to quickly glance at it and tell me if anything seems off or if it’s all good.

Fail bro.

good luck with your valve body!