Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

Ugh auto

damn man, you shoulda said something i would’ve sold you my tdi golf auto with 170k for a deal to ya…

maybe if im up that way i’ll check it out.

fwiw, the auto isn’t strong in those at all (o1m) most i’d throw at it is a set of nozzles or a basic flash, anymore and it will grenade… also what kills the trannys is the heat they produce, what i do/did was when im at a long traffic light i throw it in neutral… it lasted me a long time and im sure thats what gave it such a long life. o1m’s are ticking time bombs

i cant complain. it drives fine, shifts fine and its in very good shape.
what happens with the valve body on these?

Dont worry you will find out. get some miles on that thing.

hmmm, thanks for the tip. i’ll keep that in mind. if it grenades, is it hard to find a manual one and swap it?

FUCK trying to swap one of those to manual. Better off buying a 5 speed joint.

votvot reminds me of the cobalt clownz who buy auto LS’s and talk about swapping the transmissions :rofl

Vot you really should have tried to find an MT.

It’s a good car to learn on too. They make you work for it.

well, when i was buying this was 9 out of 10 for me. i can live with 9 out of 10. i could swap if i had to. i obviously cant do the entire job myself, but if its working fine so far, im not worried about it.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwXcR1-8KtfURp7jpNVKIR0I3eKX6-4qovLkcb7noRNtej9-mx x2 from 034 motorsport track density.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnXzUfCWNZCDJnFL7b8ZW6Bkt8OGyA5dfCQ9WyJc1St2bHuz0hqA

now I just need a day off to get my exhaust fixed and it will be half-way there!

not worth the time, money, and effort

even if the entire car is mint? well, ill just keep my eye on the transmission. i was looking into this issue online. seems like its a heat issue, so im thinking a transmission cooler is a good item to put on the car. i dont plan on putting undue stress on it like towing a car uphill, but still, it wouldnt hurt to have one.

yea, like i said.

they have factory tranny coolers… its intergrated with the oil/radiator coolant

you think it’s worth putting in a separate one? a slightly larger one?

no , its in the tranny controller that overheats . not the tranny internals . so a cooler is worthless

do u guys think that its too small? i remember seeing them on the underside, its the part with the fins, right? because I was thinking of a larger one. the kind that looks like a small radiator with two hoses coming out of it and mounting it somewhere on the front of the radiator right upfront.

let it be man .

yea. nothing is broken in the tranny, so im not going to do anything to it. im just thinking ahead. i am reading some threads now on tdiclub, fourtitude, vortex and such and im noticing that those that have problems seem to have them when its summer time and its warm out and after 130kmi or so. mine just turned 114, but that doesnt necessarily mean anything. i’ll just keep it in mind. thanks for the info guys. :slight_smile:

I’m sure it will be fine it you don’t beat the hell out of it all the time.

nah, i dont beat my cars. i dont drive a hachi yet:lol:lol:lol:lol