Post your suspension setups

Yup, all $7300 worth of them :bowdown. They’d only end up on the car if I decide to really track the shit out of it later on and have some extra cahs to blow on the project. More likely the custom DMS units will end up on the car after the chassis is finally finished and dialed in.

Have you called JRZ about a custom setup? Easier to service than Motons and possibly a little cheaper.

Installed:
H&R Coilovers
THR eyeball arms (solid lcab w/ delrin insert)
OEM RTAB w/ Turner Motorsports Aluminum Limiters
JTD RSMs

Up next:
Spherical sway bar endlinks
OEM Strut//shock tower reinforcement plates
OEM X-Brace

Need to get some sways and rear subframe/diff bushings if mine dont look so hot when im under the car, i think they’re well enough that I can beat on em one more season and replace as my next winter project

Fox, DMS, JIC, Bilstein, and Moton were the companies I called about custom shock bodies based off the generalized dimensions I pulled from the K Sports. Going with a long body monotube design is great in the performance department, not so much in the wallet end :shrug: DMS actually showed some serious interest in the project and was willing to work with whatever I wanted, even though they fancy around dirt stuff for the most part. Can’t argue their bulletproof durability and reliability though, which is a big factor in my decisions.

Never thought about JRZ but another phone call and inquiry won’t hurt this project.

you actually read my mind on the jrz’s jesse, i was going to mention them. i don’t think they’ll be too much cheaper than the moton’s though, but possibly…

H&R Supersport springs, Tokico HP Blue shocks/struts soon.

Have a set a Meagan racing coilovers, just not installed

i have those megan racing lower control arms and omnipower coilovers with kyb agx shocks all the way around on my gsr

sucks that its still as slow in corners as it is in a straight line :nod :tong

i would stray away from the h.p.'s if you plan on lowering springs. take my advice, they will blow out very quick. if you need tokico go for the illumina’s. they are a MUCH MUCH better shock.

yeah tokico blue’s blow i blew out my back left one on my integra when it was slammed

Miata
TEIN Basic Coilovers, 12.25" ride height, fender to center of wheel all around.
Racing Beat Front Sway Bar.
Brainstorm Triangulated Front Strut Bar (not yet installed)

Comment: Rides well and doesn’t bottom out. Needs more chassis stiffening and decent tires.

Sentra
Some used Spec V Struts
TEIN Springs (approx 2" drop)

Comment: Bounces around like the true rice set up that it is. The Spec V Struts may be underdamped for this car, which doesn’t seem to make sense since the Spec V is slightly heavier than the Sentra SE, given the heavier engine/trans combo and stuff. Oh well.

K-Sport Kontrol Coil-Overs:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6648/dsc02383dy2.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2907/dsc02382jg9.jpg

Already got the springs in so the stockers are pretty much done. I was actually on the fence between the Blues and Illuminas maybe I will just spring the little bit extra for them then. Thanks.

I had the illuminas back in the day on the dc2. They ride great, theyre now five years old and still out handle my dc5. Go for it.

no problem dude. i’d def. want to know about them before i picked them up and was disappointed.

i agree with stuffnthings, the illumina is a great shock, and for the $ you can’t really go wrong.

just ordered k sport coilovers with megan lower control arms :tong…should be here soon :thumb

Quite a few k-sport setups on here. You guys happy with yours?

honda-tech is littered with people with pooped out seals and leaks and such. just my .02

im currently running:
function/form spec1
skunk2 front upper control arms

on the way:
gold blox lca’s
rear uppers
prothane bushing kit
5,000,000,000 ebay super braces. :mwahaha

I have heard of such horror stories. I have never heard of an Audi running them, so I suppose I will be the guinea pig for them.