Power-steering Fluid Leak

Hey guys quick question for everyone,

I am experiencing a small power steering leak with my car.
I have no money to repair to leak at this moment in time so if I keep topping up the fluid can I still operate my vehicle?
Is it that big of a deal if the power steering fails?
Can anyone on this forum repair this leak for cheap?

If you could let me know would be appreciated.

Thanks.

you can just keep topping it up with out any conciquences, hell iv let mine run dry acouple times, and depending on where its leaking it would be an easy fix.

im pretty sure mine has a leak? i hear noises when ever i turn my wheel, like a seal is trapped under my hood. i haven’t done anything about it yet and it still runs fine.

well is it a leak in the high pressrue line? if its low pressure its no probwem.
check and see what hose its comming from.

and as for lopez…i think your pump is probably on its way out. i think the noise you hear is a diaphram that opens to let fluid threw when the pressure is too high.
like if you go from lock to lock on any normal car you hear the noise for a second and the rpm will drop a lil and bounce up.
mite need a new pump. im not 100% tho

I have no idea what line it is.

I just know that my power steering line is leaking.

as long as its not shpraying out, it’ll be okay. the power steering box in my winter truck has leaked for 2 years. i top up with gear oil (its super thick) so it leaks slower. it runs out of oil about 2 times a week… lol… oh yeah that noise is just your pump cavitating. meaning its low on oil, wont do too much damage, just dont drive with it cavitating for more than a few mins.

haha well…
my cuzin actually walled (curbed) my driverside front tire so the alignment is all off aside from the noise. and i got some gunky stuf coming from the rubber sleeves aswell.

tech question for sure, this is chat, good try though.

I’ve purposely let a PS Pump on my SR go without oil (got tired of it leaking) and it took over 2 weeks of it running dry until it finally wore out. I was quite surprised it took so long…