Problems With RB Fuel Delivery

Car is a s13 with RB20DET
So I found the problem with my old fuel pump was that it kept blowing the Fuse when starting . So I took out my Spare pump from the old s13 ( which Used to have the same RB in it) and It doesn’t Blow the fuse. This “New” pump doesn’t blow fuses, but when the car gets up to like 5000 RPM, it limits out as if the fuel is getting cut. Before I run out and buy a Walbro, Is there anything else it could be?

Any Help is Appreciated.

Have you checked vacuum/boost connections? Is this 5000rpm on boost? Or off? Have you tried taking it to 5000rpm but keeping it off boost?
Did this problem happen in the old 240? Did you change anything in the new one?
lol sorry for all the questions, I’m trying to understand the problem better but it helps to know the conditions it occurs under.
It sounds like a boost leak to me.

-Bill

If it’s in boost…check your plugs.
Out of boost…fuel pump

Had the same issues with my RB.

Nothing Changed Since the swap… And to my knowledge, the cars should be identical now… Plus its got brand new plugs. The car is up on stands right now(power Steering) so I cant test it… I know with no load on the engine it can do full rev range. But When in gear, It limits/ chokes out at somewhere around 5000 rpm

Any more help?

yo is this mitch from mech eng at UOIT?

sounds like it isn’t getting enough fuel to me. check your FPR maybe?

The Fuel Pump Started making a pretty loud noise this morning when I switched power to it… so I think that Its just on its way out. Ordering a Walbro Today, hopefully that Will fix the problem. and Yeah this is Mitch

What did you gap your plugs to?

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

And if you have it in gear, if you keep it out of boost does it do the same thing?

I set the gap to the same as the gap from the previous plugs