"project doom" has begun

but yours is a station wagon isnt it??? :bowrofl:

when did i say it wasnt or CALL IT A TRUCK???

:dunno: but even so s-series v-8 rock.

cant wait till tomorrow to see your dads truck in action. and kurt get the engine ready i want to start sawzallin on the truck :slight_smile:

Yikes, dont call it a truck, I got yelled at for it already :doh: :rofl:

And yes, S-series v8 do rock… A buddy of mine has a zz4 crate motor and a t56 combo in his 92 blaze, and hes doing a ton of work to it this winter and its almost ready for the summer… woo hoo its f0ckin awesome.

As for the big block in the s10, I can hopefully be of some help, I know 2 guys that have done it and I know of another 2 guys that have them around here somewhere, ive seen them at shows out at the lube in robinson. 455 in a dime will defenately be a fun driver, you should leave teh stock rear end in and see how long it lasts

it’s def not gonna be a fast project because i’m building the motor on my budget lol

buick 455 > olds 455

i have seen small blocks in s-10s but i dont think ever a big block…are you droping the truck at all cause i know the small block guys have trouble with the oil pan clerance

from what jim says it’s mainly clearance with 4wd trucks. it’ll probably be dropped a bit but not slammed. there are a couple big block ones in the butler area one is a 454 and the other is another 455 variant but not a buick.

pewter i thought you said u didn’t have any s10s up there…

I GOT THE FRAME!!!TO MAKE a bb fit ez move the firewall back about an inch!!! :cool:

oh ok my misunderstanding, we were debating moving the firewall back but i think it would be easier to move the radiator forward…we’re gonna take a fullsize rad, hack the support off and move it as far forward as we can and get some slimline fans that should clear up a good bit of room. not to mention the buick has a forward sitting distributor so firewall clearance on it won’t be a problem

u got to move it!!!heads hit it!!!u would have to put the rad on the front bumper!!!

damn - maybe that’s why 99% of the people put small blocks in instead of big blocks.

That’s why I bought a big truck - a 460 or anything smaller than a pat bus engine just bolts right in. :smiley:

jim got around it with some creative hammering, we won’t know till we get a truck and the block back with the ok…there was enough room to move his forward a good 3" into the bumper.

is that why u are tryin to make your sti sound like one?

wonder where cutty’s been lol i figured he’d have posted lots of goodies for me by now

false. not all BB’s are created equal 1970 BB> 71-73> 74-76. Olds is just as buildable as a Buick. I have a buick but i know olds.

i meant in a jokingly fashion that buick 455 was > *455

one thing i noticed is the bore is quite large compared to the other 2…the heads are kinda crappy, i was lookin at that place u sent me to for parts would it be worth trackin down a cam for it or just grabbing a stock cam from another year?

they don’t call my cam the “hemi killer” for no reason. just be prepared to have no brakes

hmm…ok another question, should i just build this motor to stage1 style specs? like higher compression oem oversized pistons, oem cam, oem lifters? the only thing would be the intake manifold, we left that with quik, jim said if i put that on he won’t help me anymore (it weighed like 100lbs)

i still got a stock manifold. if you wanna build it to stage 1 specs you’d be best off gettin a 70 block. the original stage 1 block in my car was long gone but when my uncle got a new engine he used a 70 block. my car is built past stage 1 specs but its still tame. I would just say build it how u see fit, don’t follow one set of specs. you have a long way to go with that engine because its only a 210 hp block. You best bets are compresion and making it breathe