Props to Ontario Drifters

Hey guys…I came across this thread on the Montreal Racing forums…thought it might be nice to share with you all. Ontario drifters go balls out…no excuses…thats why I love this scene so much. Congrats to all the guys who come to the tracks and drive cause they love to drive:

Ontario drifters represent!

which event are they talking about here? the driftnation event this sat?

edit: wait a minute, this shit is like 2 years old lol.

u realise that is a 2004 archived thread?

no event in particular, just talking about the attitudes of the drivers in general. Its easy to flame on the boards, harder at the track :slight_smile:

:hsugh:

I would say that the tables have turned. We get people out to the events, but if you look at the amount of people flaming newbs for wanting to “buy a 240 and learn to drift” and the amount of those same flamers that show up to the track… well it’s sad… they should be the ones being reamed out.

Popele don’t realise that it is as harmless as you want it to be… you can even go have fun on your street rims and tires, just not giv’er too much.
If these people are scared of wrecking, just don’t push it passed your own driving abilities.

The first time I went to the track, I was scared shitless of crashing my car into the guard rail, I didn’t want to go, just continue drifting the same old corners in some industrial areas on weekends. On my first two laps around the track, my worries were put to rest.

Look at the Montreal guys now. They are definitely out there in full force.

Theo

There is definetely a solid scene of “trackers” here in ontario. Not even just drifting.

But at the same time there are WAY too many people who say they wanna be the next Tschyuchia (wtf spelling) and drop every excuse known to man when their number is called.

I’ve never gone to a track event with a spare set of tires to ride home on, (stupid? maybe) but it doesn’t stop me from going out and having loads of fun.

I have respect for anyone willing to give it a try, and not make up excuses over and over.

The only people that don’t like track days are the ones that have never been.

CK

i cant stand posers, fuckin people making chassis more expensive for me to buy when i crash mine.

we heard some dude at cscs say " i hate 240 owners because they beat on their cars and they look like shit" when i was entering the gates

this is my motorsport buddy, if i cant afford to break something worth only $4000 my life sucks and i need a new job.

Should have pointed him out, I would have loved to ask him what he drove…

Looks like my life sucks and I need a new job :wink:

^^^ definately the most interesting post in this thread so far.

i’ve heard the comment that jesse heard many times and to be honest, its a legitmate concern.

think jess, your car and many of the cars that drift regularly are often damaged in vital and important ways. you know yourself that your RUCA or even your front drivers wheel can fall off at anytime on the street as has happened in the past.

look at what chris was driving up until a couple weeks ago, and these examples are just niagara guys… i’d hate to see what other people are driving.

rolling in beat up cars gives everyone a bad rep… because regular people, and police more importantly, do not and probably should not understand why anyone would actaully desire to drive in cars like this.

even if you were on the track when it happened, taking your DD on the track is something that most people wont understand either and so they’ll jsut assume you did it on the street.

we come off as careless and reckless in cars like that and the only people who dont think its a bad thing is us.

A good point bing, but all the guys who drive their dd on the track clearly can’t afford a track-only car… i’d rather track my car and have fun, let it get a little beat up if it has to, than to have my car parked 24/7 worrying that if it gets damaged i might not be able to afford the repairs…

so far my car is actually holding up really well to the beatings on the track, it doesn’t even look all that bad, except that it has only 1/4 mudflaps remaining. However, i know that sooner than later something is gonna go, and i really have no idea how the hell i’m going to go about fixing it because i’m about to blow pretty much ALL my savings on my education.

Call me dumb but life is too short to not-take risks.

meh, i’m just saying that it makes perfect sense for people to hate on cars that are beat up. its like hating on a home in your neighbourhood that is beat up.

that crap home lowers all property values in the area… but hey, maybe the guy is hardcore and doesnt waste his money on fancy paint and lawn mowers…

yeah, but in some cases, myself included, I would rather shop around and find my next car then spend $1500++ on paint and body for a car that has electrical gremlins and needs $1000 in chassis stuff (ball joints, tie rods etc…) and even then it wouldn’t be as nice as it should be…

I love 240 owners because the cars are so beat up! It makes it such a perfect choice for a track car, and parts are abundant and cheap. Have you tried getting a fender for a car that doesn’t get modded/smashed often? Pricey as fuck… Here, they’re 20 bucks :smiley:

This is a bit … uhm. I dunno.

Should you really track a car with nice paint and body?

The really expensive lighweight body kits are flimsy as hell and shatter without much help.

17" rims bend, people hit immovable objects.

Without full sponsorship, you’re going to need a serious bankroll to keep a track car looking pretty. Even the full sponsored cars, they look great from 100 feet.

I think buddy’s comments about 240 owners needs clarification.

There are a ton, literally a ton of rotten S13s running around with oil spewing 300,000+km SOHC KA. And guys literally drive the wheels off them, spinning them everywhere they can, stock blown suspension waffling in the breeze. They’ve got no brakes, The whole time filling the forums with pages and pages of praise for cars they don’t own, won’t own, and are so far from being comparable to their own cars it’s silly.

On the other hand, you’ve got guys in M5s fresh off the lot smashing them up at Mosport. Guys buying Skylines and driving the crap out of them. Never once noticing it’s a Love Boat of a turd, with the AWD and ABS working overtime to keep them pointed straight. But hey, their pics will look great!

Or they stay in the parking lot/driveway, never go over 40 km/h when anyone’s looking, don’t wanna scuff the wheels, get dirt on the engine or fingerprints on their $5,000 $300 paint job.

Or you’ve got guys with completely done up Silvias without a clue what to do with them. They look great, make great power, but can’t do shit.

Then you’ve got the guys in the beat up, but mechanically sound cars … most with stock powerplants, just suspension mods.

And yeah, they drive the holy lambchop of god out them.

Who do you want representing you?

it all comes down to the driver… and i dont mean that with reference to driver skill at all. i mean it in a ‘who’ sense.

if you’ve got a hot-ass car and are sick on the track but you’re a total douche either in person or on the boards then you can stay home.

if you’re super cool but focus on other non-autmotive things for recreation then you;re still super cool.

wicked cars dont turn fags into hetero’s.

there are super cool cars locally that dont get to roll with S1DC, and there are alot of guys with crappy rides or no car at all that do.

i understand where the guys are coming from hating on beat up S-chassis cars, and they are absolutely right in most senses of the arguement… and they dont get to roll with us.

instead, they sit at timmies and talk about what we did.

Who do you want representing you?

Whoever sells the most of his parts…

All buddy did, was stereotype all 240’s as beat up cars, just like everyone stereotypes civics as rice.

Who really cares…