Protecting any of our cars from rust and stopping current rust permanently?

I was wondering… has anyone used por-15? I’ve heard (hear say) a lot of good things about it. That it stops rust permanently where its painted on and protects the metal.

Now if that’s true, why wouldn’t everyone just coat their car beneaths with this for winter protection vs tar or oil each winter? Seems like more of a permanent solution.

What do you guys think? Any experiences?

It works… If it’s not rusted. Painting over rust does nothing other than allow it to rot from the other side.

The rust either needs to be completely neutralized or removed entirely.

Rust is like cancer, you gotta remove it to cure it bro!

I just used a whole quart on my car and love it. Did alot of the hidden areas of the cars structure under the front fenders, and the backs of the fenders too, wheel wells beneath the fender liner , some of the underbody and the front rad supports with the battery tray where a tiny bit of surface rust was. Might post pics if anyone wants

^want

^you overpainted. They sell red you know.

Man your cars gunna be sick. good job so far

not really overpainted…its all going to be hidden by the bumpers/fenders once its back together, and wont ever rust there.
240racer: Thanks :smiley:

I sandblasted and POR15’d my entire engine bay on my old S13, only had the thing for one season after that but no rust started. The only complaint I had was that it bubbled from heat on the strut tower near the turbo.

i have used POR15 on a lot of trucks, its good shit. as long as you do a good job prepping it ive never seen rust start on it