pulled over twice this weekend

well i got pulled over twice this weekend no tickets but still a pain in the butt. first one was in chatham friday night driving around this cop pulls me over for my headlights. i didnt have them on i had my piaa fogs on and corner lights my headlights where sleepy. anyway said i cant drive with out them on at night lol. i thought you just had to have 2 white lights and 2 amber lights on the front of the vehicle. anyway he let me go.
then saturday coming home from sarnia. i get pulled over in some small town on the way home cop turns around and follows me then pulls me over and says i cant see you. i was like what? he said my window tint was to dark weird cause its legal tint and i can see myself in it . ahwell i told him that he can call the place i got it done at cause its legal. so he tells me i better drive with the windows down in the summer cause some (OPP) will be dicks about it…anyway fun weekend none the less.
Brent

its clearly because of the wing and vinyl and yellow paint.

I thought red cars were heat, not yellow…

I thought red cars were heat, not yellow…[/quote]

Apparently midnight blue cars are as well since that’s what spilners new color is and he still managed to get pulled over yestreday.

yes pavel is right.

same cop, same BS tickets.

im compaining about harassment, mofo.

What were the tickets for?

Actually, if you read the HTA, it says in there that you are not to tint the windshield OR the front side windows AT ALL! I told a cop that mine was legal (on my old '95), and he got the book out and showed me. Although, he also told me that if a cop actually gives you a ticket for this, it would most likely be because you were doing something wrong.

Theo

i think he got rid of his wing
:lol:

Yellow cars are bait as well, my friend gets pulled over ALL the time in his bone stock yellow Lancer OZ Rally for driving at the same speed as me. He got pulled over once for driving slower than me lol. Hwy 7, we’re cruising side by side, I’m slowly passing him, cop car comes out from behind, turns on his cherries and goes behind HIM :smiley: I just keep driving and pull into the next gas station. He did manage to fight and win that time, but he has 3 points for speeding in an industrial area in the dead of the night.

loud colours are bait. period. thats why i went with stone silver.

Well for the past year Ive been driving my car (red 97) with a muffler that is semi-loud, and for the past month and a bit ive had my 18" Volk Challenges on and Ive hardly seen a cop turn to look at me let alone pull me over, and I live less than a km from 11 division in Mississauga.

yeah, I have a red car too, only been pulled over once for speeding at night (cause he could hear my exhaust when i floored it). Other than that, whenever I pass by a cop, he does not seem to turn around. lol maybe my car is just ugly so they don’t really care. :smiley:

ya i did get rid of the wing i have a small carbon fiber one now. anyway. ya i get harrased all the time for stupid shit but i guess that just somes with owning a import car with anythign done to it…it bugs me becuase there are all these kid around here racing and doign stupid shit in there hondas and such. ripping around doing burnouts. and i just cruix i never race i acculy hate racing. or do anything dumb. well maby once in a while.(hehe) but still they still bug me… ahwell no tickets yet just all warnings and harrasment. so so far so good.
Brent

Actually, if you read the HTA, it says in there that you are not to tint the windshield OR the front side windows AT ALL! I told a cop that mine was legal (on my old '95), and he got the book out and showed me. Although, he also told me that if a cop actually gives you a ticket for this, it would most likely be because you were doing something wrong.

Theo[/quote]

actually if you were to actually look in the HTA instead of saying bs a cop told you will find that you are not allowed to tint the front windsheild and the side windows the driver must be clearly visable and behind the driver you can put on whatever you want

In other words what Scot is saying is that the HTA is extremely ambiguous and open to interpretation. In other words, it’s highly discretionary and gives the police the power to ticket at will. It also gives the courts the ability to deal with each defendent on a case by case basis.

The HTA is notorious for being like this… 'must be ‘clearly visible’ and ‘must have a clear view out of the window’ are the guidelines for tinting regulations. There are no percentages of minimum allowable light to pass through that are explicitly stated or implied and that is why you get all the confusion.
Also most people don’t even bother to look up anything for themeslves and, as Scot already mentioned, trust the word of cops or friends, adding to the misinformation that’s out there.

^ exacally
30% + is usually what we recomend for legal tint in ontario, every prov is different

Um, I DID see it, didn’t you read my post… he showed it to me.

To be “clearly visible”, especially at night, at 30% you would not be clearly visible. Like I said, you are obviously doing some bonehead stuff to be getting a tint ticket! There are idiot cops out there, but for the most part, you get a ticket because you deserve one, even though it might not always be the best appropriate one.

you can see inside fine at night with 30%+