Pulling KA24E

Alright… I’m going to start pulling my KA24. Any tips on how to do it, or a step to step guide WITH pictures. I found guides but without pictures, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Damn… I forgot to take pics when I did it…

Basically, I just taped the hoses/wires (numbered) and then began disconnecting. In my case, I was going KA24E-to-KA24E, I’m not sure if you’re installing a DE or an SR, but if thats the case, label what you disconnect anyway and make a list of what they are and what they do.

As for unbolting, after I had every possible thing disconnected, remove the intake and radiator, the AIV for more clearance, and then begin to remove the bolts to the bellhousing. After that, wedge a block of wood on a jack or something under the bellhousing so it doesn’t fall, then unbolt the motor mounts.

Either lift the engine and pull it forward, then you’re pretty much good to go.

Be sure to drain ALL the fluids out first though…

I’m going ka24de for now until I can afford my rb next summer, I just want something to tide me over until then and something a little bit nicer then the ka24e thats in it for when I start driving it next summer. So is the ka24de basically an exact bolt in, I wish there was a guide with pics man, I’m not good with words. :lol:

Ohh… by the way… I’m planning to start pulling it on Friday, so I would like any info before then.

newb…

SHUTUP KENGI :lol: I’ll get you for this… just like my sleepy eye mod that I thought you fucked up. :lol:

lmao key word is " I thought" be a man… just do it… your not using that engine again anyways…

I am doing it, just I would like some info behind it first.

Don’t waste the engine though… You could sell it to someone… Don’t bust it up…

I’m not, my friend wants to buy it for a tinkering engine. So I don’t intend to fuck it up :lol:

Tell him I’ve got an extra KA24E as well, lol…

Mine is fine, just has rod knock. If he wants, he can replace the rod bearings and have the crankshaft trued to make sure everything is still within tolerance. Otherwise, the engine itself is still good, only the typical KA block rust due to being iron…

:lol: Trust me you don’t want to give it to this kid. He thinks the ka24e is a good engine :lol:. He wants to put it in a “civic” that hes buying. So trust me, it deserves a more respectable owner.

LMAO! Good call… I gotta agree with the KA24E being a good engine though. after I get more money and convert to manual (why have full manual swap FS threads grinded to a halt AFTER I get my 240 running? lol), I’ll be doing a SOHC KA build. Forged internals and a disco potato. Respectable power for a daily driver.

Ahh true :lol: But yeah… I prefer the KA24DE over the KA24E, the E in my car is pretty rough :lol:, pulls strong but its stuttery at times. I just want to pick up a DE cuz they’re cheap and reliable and I want something a little more fun for my daily driving next summer. :mrgreen: Plus my coupes a manual already. :slight_smile:

You manual guys make me jealous… This automatic thing gets boring faster than a Geo Metro getting beaten by an F1 car…

Anyway, apologies for sending your thread off topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Nahh its all good bro, I like shooting random shit. :lol: shoot me an add on msn cfcprice@hotmail.com, well talk more there. And yeah I couldn’t drive stick properly when I first bought my coupe but I learned within 5 minutes. :lol: