Question about amp/subs

I just installed one of my two amps and sub combos and (I cant start the car tranny is out) I was wondering if maybe the car has to be on because all I got from the amp/sub was half a roll on bass and that was all I heard. If you wondering it will make a couple underpowered booming noises( loud though ) and maybe play the actual bass for a roll of 3 seconds. Anyone got an idea that maybe my car needs to be on? I had the charger on it it still wont play. Hope you can help thanks.

It does work better if the car is running, but you can still use your system with the key in the ACC position. Sounds like you might need to check your wiring.

well first of all… your car doesnt need to be fully running …
the ignition just has to be on…
second of all… do you have everything connected correctly?
does the amp turn on (little light on the amp) when the ignition is on?
do you have the RCA’s in the right spot?
is the amp turned up…
lol there’s so many qustions

uhh… where in the city are you located? if you want to come pick me up i can probly come over sometime and help you with your stuff…

I would pick uo up but I dont have a tranny to pick you up with!

oh… hahaha where in the city do you live?

I could come drop by today- I got my tranny in so I guess I could come rip over and we could source out the problem?

Did everything work out?

Well heres the deal, when I turn it to max volume and only around that area it stops making this sick pulsating boom shit but when your in the lower volumes it keeps making like bass noises that are louder than the volume is supposed to be. Other than that the subs fucking rip I think im deaf. Any ideas on whats happenin?

maybe your amps toast… your your wiring is wrong… or … could be any number of things…find me a ride out to your place and home again and ill come out and help you out dude