System not workin

I hooked up a friend of mines system and for some damn reason i cant get audio out of the subs. I went over this thing 2-3times and cant come up with a reasonable answer. I hooked up the batter to the capicatior, cap to amp and grounded it all. I think its something with the rca signal, im not a 100% sure anyone got any ideas as to what it could be i need to figure this out by tommrow…

check the gounds. u might have so chip some of the paint off to get a bare metal gound. and get a good quality set of RCAs… that the one place u dont wanna cheap out.

rca’s are monster, an ive got a star washer below the crimp on the ground but ill chip away some more paint tommrow. I didnt mention this is in a 2002 monte ss i dont know if that really matters . Keep them coming or if anyones bored an wants to come over an take a look at it with me and him tommrow morning, have a beer when its all done an crack out some madden action let me know. This is the 1rst time this have ever happend in the dozens of systems ive done and im completely bewildered.

grab another set of rca’s and just plug them in real quick, easy answer to if your rca’s are bad. don’t run them just lay them over the seat

This is where the DMM is your best friend. You can make sure you have power going to your cap then to subs. If you have a bad ground, this will tell you. If everything measures to be fine, then look at the RCA’s.

from his original post it sounds more like the amp is turning on, but the subs aren’t doing anything.

btw thats another thing…is the amp in protection mode by chance?

If the subs arnt working, it still could be a wiring issue. If its not wired right either the amp protection will turn on, or itll be out of phase ( although this case it would work ) Thats why I say just use a DMM so you can rule out any wiring issues.

right, but u mentioned checking the power to the cap etc…but whatever yea, get a meter and check the wiring on the subs too

make sure u charged the cap be4 u hooked it up. other then that double check u hooke dup to right rcas on head unit. i f00ked that up be4…opppss

ok i dont have a dmm to use so that rules that out, i didnt hook up the cable to the battery until i had finished all the wiring. it sparked when i put it on which i kinda expected, the amp turns on, just dont have sound, im goin to try the rca swap, he had all this shit in his old car an is just gettin around to this now. I just feel stupid this has never happend before. Theres a first for everthing. If anyone has a DMM that is free tommrow would appreciate (cheektowaga).

where do u live? if its close i may stop by. and i have a multi-meter.

pm’ed

um… make sure the wires goin form the outside of the box to the sub on the inside are connected or not touching, happened to me once

checked it all out again today , wound up being something i overlooked on the x-overs. i didnt set them right, all this for a 2 min fix, thanks for youre imput guys