Question for those with EZPass

What’s the fastest you’ve averaged between exits?

For example, looking at my statement I see I got on the 90 at Transit Rd at 15:51 and got off at I81 in Syracuse at 17:39, for a total of 108 minutes. Using this site http://www.nysthruway.gov/travelers/interchanges/index.html I see that it’s 134.34 miles between the two exits.

1.2438xxxx miles per minute
74.63 miles per minute average speed

Guess I’ll find out once and for all if the rumors of getting a ticket in the mail for averaging too fast between two exits is true. :stuck_out_tongue:

damn man, ur fast

holy shit, mach 10!

You need a hobby. :slight_smile:

Yeah… yeah I do.

I never really look at the bill, mine is usually like 4 bucks a month now that the 190 tolls are down.

I used to cross them once a day at my old job.

X2

Thank god that shit is gone.

Never calculated, but I usally set the cruise between 75-80. I should check Ezpass

I once was in a car driven by someone on here that averaged 95mph from Corning to Jamestown. That’s including the 15 minutes we stopped to get gas and let the tires cool down. :slight_smile:

RT 86 = the Southerntier Autobahn.

Of course, no EZ pass verification, so I’ll just post up a photo of our approx. cruising speed that day.

http://roclife.perception.cc/albums/cbass/06_11_05_1434.jpg

god, that reminds me of a certain trip to Toronto on the QEW with theblue and a*man and TJ.

Oh, see, NYC just likes to assrape you when you cross bridges or drive on their roads, they don’t give a shit about how fast you drive.

ha … mpg < 10 ftw!

Yeah, me too, but I can guarantee you won’t get anywhere near 75 for your average doing that. My trip where I got that average included about 10 miles at 105 following a silver R32 and black Trailblazer as my “radar blockers”, and about 30 miles going 90 doing the same with a white Lumina. Various traffic slowdowns and the on/off ramps really hurt your average.

So next time your ezpass statement comes in take a look at your last long trip. Using the link I posted it only takes a few minutes to figure out your average speed. You’ll probably be surprised how low it is. I thought for sure I’d be in the low to mid 80’s at least for that trip.

Very few cops on the Corning to Jamestown end? Because the Corning to Binghamton end is crawling with them. Wife’s family lives near Binghamton and I hate that trip.

my friend got a ticket not for speeding BETWEEN tolls but speeding THROUGH an ezpass toll, radar nailer him at 30mph he got a 400 ticket

FYI

Yeah, I was well aware of those. But I’m sure others have heard those stories about “a friend of a friend got a ticket because he averaged 90 between the two exits and EZPass proved it”. I really have my doubts about those.

Those “stories” happened near Conneticut, and only for a short period of time before lots of complaining. They never happened around here, and unless some law is passed, probably won’t.

too many variables for thes state to prove the ticket i’m thinking

I went through EZpass at 44mph one day and 40mph the next, 25MPH tolls too. I was in a company vehicle so a few days later I got a call from the office telling me I needed to turn in my EZpass. I wonder if they got the tickets.
I have gone through tolls at speeds over 70mph with someone before and it still picks up your EZpass. And now that the tolls are gone on the waterfront, I usually go threw them at speeds well above the posted limits for the highway, let alone the toll speed. I think toll speeds are stupid for EZpass lanes as long as you can handle your vehicle. But on topic more, i have gone from Buffalo to Connecticut in about 6 hours and never received a ticket, so I think that is definitely a rumer. If they did that, everyone who speeds would end up turning in their EZpass and NYS would not like that.

watch out if you do that at night…There’s usually a trooper or 2 just posted up there where you cant see them, waiting to hit you with instant-on. If no one goes through for a bit before you, radar doesnt get picked up and you have no way of knowing.