question- hypothetically speaking...

lets say you contact a board member about a set of tires for sale. description is lightly used, around 3k on them, great tread, ect… buyer and seller agree on a price and meet up. upon visual inspection tires look great. buyer couldnt be happier.

a few days later the buyer goes to get the tires mounted. finds out that 1 is good, but 1 has a rip on the sidewall, a rip that is only able to be seen when the tire is mounted and inflated. tire shop is super cool about the whole thing, orders a new tire, and puts it on (SWERVE FUCKING RULES)

what would you do in this situation if you were the seller and the buyer contacted you about a partial refund? POLE COMING SOON, HOLD YER HORSES

Shit happens, wouldn’t deal with the seller again. (Speaking from a buyer’s perspective).

FUCK I FORGOT TO MAKE IT PUBLIC

Is it possible that the rip happened upon the removal of the tire from the rim? If that were the case then the seller would honestly have no idea since they were good when they were mounted. I don’t know tire machines, i’m just throwing this out there.

EXACTLY i believe it was a total mistake but if you were the seller and the buyer told you what happened would you refund 1/2 of the $?

Half? No, if the buyer wanted to bring me the tire back I’d refund it all if I was the seller. If not nothing.

i sold a broken ps2 once, i didnt know it was broken, i gave him all his money back and some extra

edit: it wasnt my fault the ps2 was broke, but he didnt break it either. if the tires were fine, and you were the one that ripped the tire and you’re tryna pull some fast shit (people have done this before) then fuck you. how are u able to not see a rip? but :tup: to swerve fa sho on mounting tires

Well in “technically” the sellers description of the tires was untruthful, sounds like a bit of a dicy situation though, if the buyer throughly inspected them and didn’t see such damage, its unlikely the seller knew of it either, at that point as a buyer I wouldnt expect reimbursement. however if damage to an item is clear and it was very obv that a seller would have known about such damage, then yes id expect reimbursement, as would I give reimbursement as the seller.

This depends, is the seller CKY or a kid from East Aurora?

if there was a scam to be had it clearly came from EA.

i’d refund half, much easier than dealing with the BS even if I am getting ripped off.

from a selers standpoint, I try to describe everything to the best of my knowledge.
It helps avoid situations like this, but used tires are used tires. if the seller makes it right, even more kudos to the seller.

Id make it right.

i’d refund half.

i voted refund but it depends.

i’ve had tire shops make mistakes before… tires are a tough issue because there is always something that can happen.

it depends on the buyer. If he’s a regular and i care i’ll help him out.

if he’s a douche, screw him.

moral: be less douchey.

im too nice of a seller. I trade more on my name then on the individual parts themselves.

I also try to make sure i look something over real well when “listing” it for sale.

That being said, as a seller (assuming its an honest oversight / mistake) I’d refund half the money pending proof.

The real question is what did the seller do once you told him about the tire?

Assuming that you, being the seller, were being honest and didn’t know about the rip…

Fuck the buyer. How do you know that it didn’t happen after the tires left your hands?

But there are always exceptions. I.E. if you’re doing OK and sold them to someone down on their luck, then yeah work with them. A little karma is probably more valuable to you than a few bucks.

i would ask to see the tire ( as seller) and then upon inspection i would most likely refund for the one tire.

poop in the tire

I’d give a full refund for the one bad tire

Where is the I wouldn’t sell someone fucked tires option?

so.

Fuck the buyer because it would have happened in his care.