Questions Re: Skyline Engine Swaps

for a Skyline RB26DETT (R33) Inline 6 Engine,

what are they applicable to?

Nissan? Ford? Anything.

where do I find out?

thanks.

:oops:

Are you asking what they will fit into? If so, then technically anything as long as you have huge amounts of dollars to throw at it. But in terms of Nissans you can put it in an S chassis with the proper motor mounts and an RB25 Trans. I don’t remember all the details.

yeah, I do mean what they fit into.
I was wondering, if one would fit into a 98 Mustand, or a Nissan Sentra Spec-V,…
but, technicallly, I don’t have massive cash to throw at it.
but, what is an S chassis?

I mean I know J-bodys are like Sunfires, and Cavileers…
but, scew those.

Holy dear lord…this would be too easy, so i will sit idle and let someone else do the honours. :lol:

The s chassis are the S13, S14, and S15 but the S15 is only in Japan. So the S13 is 89-94 240sx and 89-97,98 (I don’t remember exactly) 180sx (Japan). There are also the Japanese S13 Silvias which are the same as a 240SX coupe but with fixed headlights, (not pop-ups). The S14 is the 95-98 240sx. They are fairly easy to swap the RB26 into compared to anything along the lines of a Mustang. You can’t put an RB26 into anything FWD simply because a FWD transmission doesn’t exist for these engines. So if you want an RB26 in a car other than a Skyline your better off to pick an S13 or S14 and swap the engine in. The swap is complicated in its own so your better off to get a company like AutoDream to do it but its not cheap. I was quoted about 11 grand to put an RB26DETT into my 180, so I decided against it. If you wanted a fast mustang I wouldn’t bother with putting an RB in it, you might as well pick up a GT and strap a Supercharger on it. Its much more cost effective.

yeah man, I donno what I want really.

I was thinking Mustang, cuz RWD.
but, I love Sentra Spec-V SE-R’s…
I also really like Skyline Engines, I hear wicked things about them.

but, I don’t even have a car yet, haha.
I’m more frequently on the Marketplace forum either here, or in 780 tuners,
and Autotrader, and checking the paper almost religously.

but, I’ono man.

I don’t want a beater, I want to get a Spec-V and tune it.

So buy mine.

HAHAHAHA

tune it to vibe 98.5

tune it to vibe 98.5[/quote]

hellz no.

I listen to metal, I’ll be tunin’ it to my Nile CD and some Strapping Young Lad.

but, thanks for the suggestion, haha.

RB26 Mustang, i cant believe we have FnF3 bandwagoners already, and the goddamn movie hasnt even come out yet. Its gonna be a long summer boys. :lol:

LOL… !

NOOOO BUDDY NO.

first things first, that wasn’t a 98’ Mustang…

and I had the Idea cuz’ my Bro had a Mustang and the Engine was BUNK.

plus, 'Stangs are cheap, and skyline engines are the best.

one last thing, I don’t drift.

I have never tried.

lol…

and, I read about the Skyline/Stang thing in Sports Compact Car mag, and Import Tuner,

AND Modified mag,

I’m SORRY.

anything can go in anything with the proper work done. a friend of mine is OBSESSED with ls1 swaps and wants to do it in either a bmw, 240sx, rx7 and so on…

Now if you buy a sentra…well good luck putting a rb26dett into that.

im guessing your 16 with big dreams, which all of us were like at some point. Wanting the car that will grab the most attention performance wise and visual. but get down from your high cloud, drop the joint and realize, your going to be single, have no life, working at a shitty job just to be able to afford a ca18det swap and your car looks like ass after 3 years…lol

lol. I’m 17… but yeah you are right. I do have big dreams.
and, dude I don’t even have a car yet. I just saw the engine online, and I have been playing Gran Turismo alot lately, and I like the Skyline engines!.
just curious what could be done with them. I also read about the FF3TD thing… lol…
I’m not a loser.
I swear… . . . my mom bought me a leather jacket.
it makes me cool. lol…

lol!

buy a gt-r, no swapping involved :balloons:

[quote=“CA18DET-180SX”]

lol![/quote]

hey, atleast I’m honest Eh?.
by the way, who’s showing up to the meet on the 4th?..

dude, GT-R’s are right hand drive though!..
that’s sooo weird!.

besides, you can’t even go to McDanks, to get a cheeseburger,
because the window is on the OTHER SIDE, LOL.

but, GT-R’s are hella nice cars,

except you can’t get parts for it, unless you order them from Japan, (expensive)
hard to get Maintenance, (from what I hear)
and worst of all, anyone who knows cars, who has a nice car, and knows what they are doing, can roll back the Km’s on the Odometer.
which sucks, because then they are like a box of Chocolate, you never know what you are going to get.

so u say u like the skyline engine so much…lets hear why u like it so much? is it cuz its TWIN TURBO :open_mouth:

hell yeah man.

turbo is like a sexy woman, it turns you on

but, TWIN TURBO TURNS YOU ON MORE.