R32 GTST vs. S13 sr coupe.

So the deal is I’d like to have an R32. Always wanted one.

Having said that, before I get into dumping some cash into my coupe over the winter I was wondering if anyone has any input on having R32 gts-t as a DD/Track. I really want to get one this coming summer, latest by roughly this time next year so I can work on it over the winter. I just want to weigh out the cost differences, if they are large enough I won’t get one at all. The situation is if I set my mind on getting one, I won’t spend as much on the coupe any more. I’m at a cross-roads.

If money wasn’t as much of an issue I would love to have the two. Not the case though.

Just looking for some input. Cost of tracking/maintaining/DD the skyline over the S13, Sourcing parts, etc. For some reason I quoted my insurance company and it’s actually lowers my premium?!? I’m assuming skylines don’t deteriorate as fast during winter like 240’s?? Reason I’m asking advice is because I’m pretty there are at least a few members on SON that have had experience with both.

Where’s best to source one. I’m on gtrc and seems the majority are in BC. Sea-rail is an option. Montreal may also have some good deals. I’ve looked at a few already in the area, but I really don’t want to rush into this.

I know it comes down to what I WANT, just looking for some first-hand experience. But if you have your opinions, that’s fine as well.

Thanks

Love mine. Driven it to - on - and home 3 times without a single problem, *knock on wood. I would assume Skylines will rust just as easily once it hits Canadian roads as 240’s do. Parts you will realized a lot are interchangeable with Z32/240 and more. Huge difference compared to my S14 and laughable to the S13 I had(it had engine issues)

forget the skyline…

skylines are totally pointless in non-GTR trim… barely cool if at all.

all the hassles of a JDM car, none of the benefits of a GTR

gtr’s are pigs

r32’s are the sex.

I beg to differ. The GTS-T is a very nice car to daily drive without the rod knock/costly maintenance of a GTR. The power is decent as well it certainly isn’t underpowered.

What hassles Bingzor? I must not have experience any of these.

bing like ultimate media JDM

like OMG ITS GODZILLLAAAA GET OUT RUN TO THE CHOPPAAA

To many fluid fumes Peter?

I disagree

i really didnt like my gtr but thats my opinion. More expensive to modify and way more problems. My first skyline was killing gtr’s. But hey to each there own

I have a few friends with all types in this discussion, GTS-T is the best to get IMO!! I would love one too :slight_smile:

Chris AKA “Sticky” just got rid of his RB powered S13 to purchase an R32 GTS-T, plus boosted sedans are the shit!

Thx for the help guys. Not looking for a gtr any longer, decided that just before I created the thread. Do the two doors actually have rears or are they benches like 240s? Doing so much research right now…

Back seats in the R32 are nice. Super comfortable.

We actually found that removing the seats is better. The cushioning was excessive but you can fit. I took out the rear seats and put like 2 blankets and a pillow or 2 in the back when we went to Niagara falls. Needless to say on the way back the 2 guys were fighting about who sits in the back.

There is not that much. The GTS-T is a pretty cool daily driver, GTS4 maybe if you plan on winter driving it. Thats the one thing I kind of wish I might have done plus the 26 drops right in if you want.

If anything the gtr rear seats fit in. The gtr seats are more bucketity in the back.

As for space there isnt that much. Enough to fit 2 small asian girls. But then again im 6’6 so fitting people behind my seat was a challenge but it was do-able.

I had the whole family in my car once. My dad, brother, and I are all in the 6 foot area and my mom, my mom well she not so big. Still 4 of us in it to Mandarin. This things a minivan!

You achieved something i didnt think was possible. I mean ive had 6 people in the car at once but it was me another dude and 4 girls in the back. I guess its do able but still im suprised you got 4 people 6 foot+ in that car

Oh it is. I once had I think 3 or 4 guys in the car and 4 rims (2 in the trunk 2 in the backseat)

Lol @ 2 small Asian girls. Thx for the responses, had a feeling I’d get most feedback from you two. Just want something that is more DD-able, but still let loose on track days. Did you guys import them yourselves? Alot of questions to ask but nothing that can’t be found on gtrc. So I won’t blab on here. Tips/advice are appreciated tho. Gunmetal ftw.