R32 Skyline winter build-up

No problem, I have some of the others for your Cuda thread too. :tup:

Nice setup on the clutch. What year is your 32?

Factory Recaro’s are light and comfortable, my 33’s seats are lighter than a set of sparco’s and about the same weight as the Bride Gias.

The wheels look awesome, heres a pic of it on a 33 in gold.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/jas3113/rossfront.jpg

I’m in Brooklyn and the others are from Staten Island, LI, NJ, CT and PA.

We’ll be going to probably do a run to Toronto in May.

John

Better shot of his plate.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/482270/fullsize/skygtr.jpg

if u do end up getting other seats dibs on the stock skyline seats :slight_smile:

The old heap is a ‘91, and as I say comfort is the most important thing here, if they weigh 2 lbs more than their rivals , guess what turn up the boost to compensate!
I will have a look around the Skyline sites in England when I get over there next week, lots to do and I wish I was there under happier circumstances.
And maybe I will meet up with you guys up in Toronto, we shall see what the next few months brings, I found some diapers and diaper cream under the seat of my skyline before I took it up to Hybrid, I know Don’ doesn’t like kids so I took it out- LOL.

So it looks like you’re sticking with a twin turbo setup?

I thought the big thing with the Skyline’s and Supra’s was to go with a single huge turbo? or is that something you plan on in the future…?

Nah I like the twin set up, much more responsive on the street- if I wanted a drag car - er well I already have one and actually the REALLY fast Skylines have two turbos, check out the Top Secret cars…
Those little GT28’s will make some good HP and keep good driveability, although Don seems to think my splendid new 4" throttle body might be a bit (??) of over kill, it does look cool though, we aiming for 500HP or so at the wheels on pump gas, which is plenty for a middle aged father to be whizzing around the streets with.

Gosh Darn it my new intake and throttle body got shipped out sea frieght from Oz’ and won’t arrive until next week. Still the new Quaife ATB front diff is being transplanted into the front diff - so one more part of the puzzle finished.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Torsen unit in font works with the Nismo LSD in the back?
Ah it’s good to be back to land of snow and ice…

I hope you have power steering. Torsen front diffs are notorious for trying to take your arms out of their sockets, but they grip like demons.

[quote=“JaS3113,post:42,topic:24030"”]

Nice setup on the clutch.

[/quote]

:cry:

that’s a pic i took when it used to be mine. That’s the carpet in my room…

Hi Mr. Newman, I’m back , I just emailed you, cool clutch it’s almost a shame to put it in the car- see you soon.
A.

Any Skyline owners out there use the HKS ETC traction control box- if so any feedback, someone wants to trade one for some parts I have here. Might be useful at the track??
Also did anyone take the HICAS off their R32, I’m curious to see what happens then, I assume the car becomes a lot more predictable in the handling department, it saves a bunch of weight too.

[quote=“tweety,post:52,topic:24030"”]

Also did anyone take the HICAS off their R32, I’m curious to see what happens then, I assume the car becomes a lot more predictable in the handling department, it saves a bunch of weight too.

[/quote]

From all the people I’ve talked to, yes it’s the way to go. Car is 10x more predictable, tosses a ton of weight, and it’s one less thing to adjust.

I eliminated HICAS from my Z32tt and enjoyed the handling characteristic much better without it in there.

I almost lost control of the car once with it on because it “had a mind of its own” and once i took it out the car was very very predictable getting sideways and in hard, fast turns.

Thanks guys that’s what I figured, at the drag strip on a balls out run the last thing you need is for the bad end of the car to take on a mind of it’s own.
Been there in my old hemi Dodge dart on a damp track with 750lbs of of torque and no traction- not fun…
The ATTESSA thing is a whole different ballgame though , if we can get that to work as a fixed torque split deal I reckon we have a seriously fast street car!

[quote=“originalsin,post:44,topic:24030"”]

if u do end up getting other seats dibs on the stock skyline seats :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I was there about 6 months before you, nice try :slight_smile:

sounds like a killer project. in a few years when i have an actual financial dependence and some income id love to build a 300zx with an rb26 or an rb30 swap :slight_smile:

yea i eliminated hicas on my old 240 and it was definatly more predictable in the turns

theres kits out there that replace the rack with like solid bar and adjustable toe rods

I have the solid bar incoming !! supposedly getting rid of HICAS ram and all the associated bits is good for 60lbs in weight savings, can’t be bad eh?
I want to fix to torque split from front to back on the car, looking at how much power you need to get these cars down the track in something like a reasonable time, it looks like something is not working quite like it should, not used to all this new fangled 4WD IRS caper, still I’ll figure it out.
We’re busy welding the new spring mounts into the old 69 Barracuda tonight, shortend the wheelbase by 2" and still kept the tire in the center of the opening. Now that car at 3000lbs only needs 600HP max’ at the flywheel to run 10.00, double that and things get very exciting indeed…

Sounds like it’s coming together :tup: