R32 Skyline winter build-up

ever so slowly though, still we’ll get there in the end, I’d really like to get something sorted out to control the 4WD stuff, the ATTESSA system seems to be very complicated, I’m sure there is an easier way to do all of this, plus this is primarily a car for going in a straight line fast- we shall see??

Well the HKS ETS unit arrived from Japan at 11.30AM on a Sunday- amazing delivery service, it didn’t ordered until Thursday at 7.30 PM. The HICAS lock out bar is incoming, and my intake and Throttle Body is finally incoming.
I just found some old pictures that I want to try and post, you might like these???

let me try this again

badass old ‘62 Plymouth Fury station wagon I owned for a while, I think it still holds the record for the fastest all steel station wagon, it went almost 200 MPH in the quarter mile, and did it with 5" Flowmasters and DOT tires- amazing. My buddy in England bought it from me and it now has a 572ci KB hemi with a pair of 88mm’s, FAST fuel injection and my old 4 speed Lenco trans. It shoule be a riot on the street…
Not exactly a Skyline but still one of the coolest rides out there- and yes it has 4 working door, electric front windows and a Road Runner’ beep beep’ horn!

holy shit i want that Fury.

holy fuck.

thats pretty sweet

that car looks like a rat fink cartoon, only it’s real

holy shit

i’ve never seen anything like that before :tup:

THE BADDEST STATION WAGON EVER MADE !!!
Unfortunately in the great scheme of things it had to go, now my crazy buddy in England is getting it to drive on the street there, the rear tires are 21.5"x33" DOT Radials, I have a bunch of photos here somewhere if anyone wants to post them for me?
The car was pretty famous on ESPN, there should be some video of it floating around somewhere, it’s definetely a piece of history, it only ever ran 7.41 because it weighed about the same as an office block, but as you can see close to 200MPH in the quarter means it was no slouch…
And yes it’s ALL steel

Did you build that?

Man I wish I had, but know a guy called Todd Shepard did it in his shop in Idaho. He also drove the car in the NMCA Outlaw Street series, it’s been at the World Street Car Finals in Orlando and was ESPN several times.
It started life as a department of argiculture staff car and he put the blown alcohol hemi in it with a Lenco, this maniac drove it on the street there in potato land!
After this car he built a 7/8th scale fibre glass version of the wagon and went on to run 6.6’s in it, same motor and transmission. That car is up for sale on Racing Junk.com if anyone wants it, but that’s a race car, this old original one is just big black and UGLY- I ffffing LOVE IT !!!
The damned thing looks like it’s going 200MPH when it’s standing still and the photos of it with those two big black chutes out at the end of the track are just awesome.
My buddy in England will have some fun in the car for sure, it should be finished soon , the motor will be on the dyno in the next month and after that we’ll all be off to the track to do some testing. If you go over to this site you’ll find a bunch of info on the car there http://www.cardomain.com/ride/272994/3
Hopefully my new intake and TB will be here for the Skyline soon and Don and the crew can get my car done, he’ll be happy about that, as will I

I’m bored this morning and nothing much to report on the Skyline other than waiting for parts…
Listen time for some bench racing, what do you guys reckon we can make with this thing with the new turbos on this new motor. I told Don to aim for 500-550 at the wheels on pump gas, what would an RB 26 with new cams and some other goodies make on race gas. It’s got a set of 1000cc injectors, the AEM EMS and all that other good stuff.

Then part 2. what do you reckon it’ll do at the track, it went 13.4 bone stock with a crap driver and the spark plugs half burned away
Now we have drag radials, new Exedy clutch, Nismo diff in the , Quaife Torsen in the front, HKS torque split contoller and can rev the thing to 10 grand!

I do like a bit of bench racing so fire away…
The alterantive is I actually sit down and do some work that I’ve been putting off for months

13.4 seems slow for that car to have run stock. idk if its just me but i thought it went faster in the 1/4 stock

they ran 13.00in stock form, but this was on a Wednesday night at Lebanon Valley, the car had over 80,000 miles on it, one turbo was leaking and the timing was still set for Jap fuel not the piss water that passes for gas in NY…
I pulled the plugs out when I got it home and the gap was about 4mm!
Changed the plugs, put some octane booster in it and it went much better, never got back to the track to try again though?
Still we won’t have any of those problems this time around eh Don…

lol oh, after i read that i was thinking, damn i thought stock skylines were fast. lol

but yeah i cant wait to see this thing done. i <3 skylines although it would be many, many years before i could even consider buying one.

gotta get some footage of this thing at the track when your finished.

good luck with the rest of the build. seems to be coming along nicely.

I can’t wait to get out in the car, although I think my lawyer will disagree with that statement- man that car’s got me into more trouble than anything I’ve ever owned, how I’ve still got my license is a miracle!

I can see you laying down 550-600whp on the dyno with your turbo setup.

What sizes cams and lift are you going to run?

John

what size turbo do you plan on running?

Andy and his damn insane Mopars :eek: That’s the coolest one yet.

It’s got Tomei cams, can’t remember how big- Newman would know it’s his old motor (new) that Don’s building, the turbos are new GT2871R’s, the intake is a custom thing from Oz’ and it’s getting a 100mm billet throttle body. AEM EMS, it’s got the HKS 2x 3" downpipes and that monster Blitz intercooler.
I’m sure there’s a bunch of stuff that I’m forgetting, silly old fool I should stick to drinking tea and watching Scoobie Doo with the kids- LOL