R35 GTR SPEC V First Drive

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4691/scand.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2254/scan0001sxk.jpg

A very interesting read:

seems like a colossal waste of money. $1600 for an emblem? dear god. i’ll take the base model and enjoy it just as much.

Replacing the pads and rotors costs nearly $50k??? WTF that is insane.

The Nissan dealer I worked at had used GTR’s for $40k already with only 11k miles. Talk about resale value.

I havnt seen a single one out of the 60’s

New ones at any dealer are still 104k I believe. Maybe nissan should quit while they’re ahead. I don’t see them making any money with this SpecV.

And I’m not impressed with a car that’s shed a lot of weight and still weighs 3700lbs without driver.

Yea, but they won’t ever need to be replaced…

wait is the power rating still the same?

edit: suspension and handling setup is differnt, but worth an extra 30 grand? idk

OMFGGGGGG it has those pop up air filters that make them super easy to change! i cant wait till one comes to valvoline this makes my job so much easier! LOL

they are ~80k BIN for brand new ones on ebay from dealers who have leftovers…

wiki:

The GT-R SpecV is powered by the standard twin-turbo 3,799 cc (3.8 L; 231.8 cu in) V6 with no increase in horsepower, but a new high gear boost controller that temporarily increases the air induction should deliver more torque in mid to high-range revs. Other mechanical changes include a titanium-coated exhaust, reworked suspension, carbon ceramic brakes, and 20-inch (510 mm) NISMO wheels. Overall weight is decreased by 132 lb (60 kg) over the standard GT-R.[49]

cliffs: no increase in power

edit: yeah sorry viper, I was just going by the price for the mike barney one. and ubengineering: where do you get the $30k price? it’s an extra 80k for the spec V

I still dont get what you get for the insane price jump…

Id rather have two base GT-R’s and have a backup when the trans gernades…

or a viper or supra or nsx

I wonder if Nissan didnt increase the power rating but maybe it actually does make more power, it would be stupid to put bigger turbos and exhaust to get nothing.

Stupid that they are charging that price

Possible. GTRs (past and present) are stupidly underrated and inconsistent HP wise. I’ve read where stock R35 GTRs make ~540hp. I’ve also been told the process is if the engine doesn’t make the minimum crank hp number of 480, they scrap it. If it makes a lot more they just use it and rate it as 480. If I’m not mistaken, the first GTRs were underrated because of a gentleman’s agreement that all sportscars produced in Japan would be rated at no more than 276hp.

But nissans aren’t really my thing and I don’t know anything more than what I’ve read in magazines or heard from people.

khoveraki: Yup. Both the Supra and R33/34 GTR were underrated…they pushed out somewhere between 300-330 hp instead of the 276/280 ps as ‘agreed’ upon.

As for the V-Spec…I’d rather buy a new stock model and be happy with it.

Where’s the SOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL?

I should certainly hope so.

so, is it Spec V (veee) or spec V (5) ?

spec V(vee)

well you would have to get the broke tranny fixed first :slight_smile: