ran out of gas...

my winter beater is a 88 sentra. i was driving home from st albert and just before leduc my car died. ran out of gas (fuel gauge doesnt like to work properly). i managed to drive it about 1km to the gas station and i filled it up. the car would crank but thats it. im guessing i fried my fuel pump. i did try and prime the car with gas. it did start for a breif second then died again. any ideas? :axe:

Turn it to the on position and try and listen for the fuel pump.

If you can hear it leave it on for a short while. Then try to start it again.

Yeah just see if you can hear it prime. Should be able to hear it. Might also take soem time before gas gets to the injectors.

i dont recall hearing it accually. might have to make a trip to pick and pull

I don’t even know if the car has an electrical fuel pump. If its mechanical you won’t here a thing, best idea is to pull the feed line off the carb and put it in a bucket, try to start the car and see if fuel is comming out

the car did have an electric pump after all. all of the wires were fried and the fuse was blown. i went to pick and pull on the south side today and picked up a pump and installed it. the car seemed to run fine until i got halfway home. if i give it any amount of gas the car bogs out and dies.