raw gas

so when i turn on the car and blast the heat for a few mins pure raw gas is comming right into the car from the heater vents. if the heater is off you can smell raw gas from outside the car, what could this be? swapped s14sr

maybe your feed / return fuel lines have a crack or aren’t clamped down tight enough. Could also be fpr gasket or injector leaking.
Best advice, wear a fire suit, keep a fire extinguisher nearby and start your ride out in the open lol.

lmfao!!! win!!

u sure a line coming from under ur car does not connect to your firewall?

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

oh firewall is the flat surface connected to your car body located behind engine. look at right side of the car where the battry is look for ur fire wall and find lines ^^

whats a good place i could get this cheeked out? i’m also getting only 200kms from full to a quarter so around 320 kms to a full tank normal driving just a little boost, i use to get over 300 to half a tank 550 to a full tank. buddy where i bring my car thinks it’s all normal

did you trim your heater core lines?? they would be long and touching your fuel filter… im assuming they are the usdm lines… if your having a leak around the fuel filter (maybe you changed after you doing your swap seeing now it needs a z32 one) maybe you didnt tighten the clamp enough and fuel could be running down the heater core lines into the interior… just a guess lol

plus this thread should be in technical section

^ sounds like that could possible be it but would need someone who knows this stuff to cheek, what about center line motorsports? i use to bring my car to sg before they closed down they were good

centerline is a fab shop, so don’t waste your time(and theirs) with that. If you’re in that Mississauga/Brampton area and you really can’t figure it out bring it to Mike at Protech (sp???) in the 401/Dixie area. Good peoples.
Or Riyad @ Riworx also good peoples.

sounds like a fuel line leak problem. time to make new ones.

had this issues with all the S13`s ive owned.

thanks guys will do,

There’s nothing normal about a strong smell of gas coming from your car unless you’re running no cat and running stupid rich, or have a major evap leak somewhere. That combined with the shitty fuel economy should make it pretty obvious there’s something wrong somewhere.

Sounds like you need new buddies.

Do you physically see gas leaking anywhere after you’ve parked for a while? I had to replace the rear fuel hard lines on my S13 last year as well after dropping the tank for some frame repairs. It’s kind of a pain in the ass to do, but usually something you only have to do once, if done right.

no leaks from what i can tell, it’s a good shape s14 so not too much wear on it, but i am running no cat but even so i was still getting very good gas mpgs with not cat, at least 500 to a tank, i don’t know if this info helps but i’m also running vented out hks bov with stock ecu but i don’t see how that would cause a gas smell and very bad gas millage. what king of kilcks to a tank should i be getting?

the vented bov is taking 100km a tank away.

why? is it because i don’t have ecu tuning for it? if i do get a apexi map and proper tune well the kms go back to normal?

my s13 always smelt like gas, seemed quite normal.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-XxjvSAsyp20/UAF1-9od1nI/AAAAAAAAAGA/1cyLSAaPgl8/funny-little-Asian-kid-eating-dogs.jpg

Recently the flex pipe on my 02 acura TL started to go and it smelled like gas worse than it sounded. Most noticeable when starting or turning off the car cold or warm. Could be exhaust leak.

I would look over every line from your fuel filter to the rail, injectors, FPR and back down the return line. I strongly feel you have a small leak over something that gets warm like the manifold, this alowing leaking gas to evaporate before you see any signs of leakage. The intake for your HVAC being right behind the hood is likely sucking in those fumes so try setting your climate control to re-circulating air in the cabin, if that helps then your leaks more than likely in the engine bay.

I will show All this to the guys at the shop and hopefully it gets fixed, scared to light up a smoke in the car lol

i had fuel seep out of the fuel sender cause the seal was shot the car stuck really bad and couldnt see a leak… 12 bucks from the dealer

Exactly what Randy said. Fuel pump would be the first thing to look at. My seal was shot, car completely stunk, 12 bucks later, no more smell. After I shampooed the carpets :stuck_out_tongue: The heat just makes the smell worse, it’s not coming through your vents or from your heater, the heat simply expands the vapors and makes the smell worse.