RB Series Swap *Updated: January 27, 2004*

I’ve heard rumors of an RB33DETT, suspposibly from austrlia, a bore/stroker combo kind of thing, i dont know of the validity, but a cpl people mentioned to me…

nt.

I belive that that 3.3l rb30 was done by subzero. i think that they just used the .3L stroker kit for the rb26. Since the bore and the crank is the same. Only thing you would have to do is find rods to work, but small block chevy rods are rumored to work nicely.

All in all a very nice peice of work! A few comments though, With custom mounts there isn’t clearence issues and is worth it for the extra cash, and there are companies now offering mounting kits for the rb26dett to fit and retain the twin turbo setup. Mounting the 30 is similar, but since the block is taller, the hood is a problem and a custom scoop will have to be made.

To make a custom driveshaft, attach both front and rear yokes, measure between them and subtract 1" for driveshaft play. Then take the yokes and measurements to a drivshaft shop and tell them what you want do and give them the measurements.

I dont know if ture but atleast my insurance company said they willl void my insurance if i get the RB motor, so you might want to check if its legal in canada

I know that the US you can even put a hourse in to a car as use it as a wagon if you want but from what I know the RB motors arent alowed into Canada

hey buddy just so you know, the SR swap isn’t legal either.

pssst, dont look at my avatar / sig.

Most insurance compaies will drop you the second they find out you have a modded car. Wether it be a turbo KA, SR, CA, or RB. It doesn’t matter for most of us because we only have liability. And as far as cops go, they wouldn’t know the difference even if you poped the hood.

Most insurance companies might not even cover you if you put a silvia front end on, or find out you have a suspension, the key is not to tell them and hope they cover you.

Yeah my bro shaved the door handles on his truck. And he accidentally let it slip while talking to the agent. He had to find a new company to insure him.

this whole situation makes me scared to do an rb swap… but the engines are so nice and everyone and their grandmother has an sr.

and is it just me or does no one make parts for a rb20 (for the swap or otherwise)

it’s just you. There is LOTS of aftermarket support for any RB engine, phase2 is getting more and more involved with RB swaps, and you can also buy all the things you need to do the swap from McKinney.

Bah… the 2JZ is still the king of all Japanese engines when it comes to tuning.

Who gives a shit? This is an RB thread. Stop pissing in it.

www.toyotanation.com Have fun.

How come the RB and the Skyline is considered better than the VG?(sorry if its wrong) and the 300. Doesn’t the 300 have more potential and its been Car and Drivers best engine for 10 years straight now. Or top 10 best.

Who gives a s**t? This is an RB thread. Stop pissing in it.

www.toyotanation.com Have fun.[/quote]

And he’s wrong…

Then again, if you like dyno queens knock yourself out…[/quote]

LOL that’s right Freak I forgot the RB is king because it’s JDM TYTE YO LOL.

2JZ is a great motor. The only problem with the 2JZ-GTE is that lots of guys tune them for rediculous amounts of power and put on huge singles making them useless for daily driving. Supras are also really heavy cars, and do not have the advantage of AWD. The 2JZ actually stayed in the ring for quite a while, infact as far as i know is still being produced in the Aristo v300 in Japan - then again the RB was produced before the 2JZ. I would also argue the 2JZ has a better transmission than the 25 box.

Key Advantages IMO:

RB - ITB
2JZ - More Displacement

Oops that was just me up there. BTW nice write-up on the RB series engines though.