RB

Right now I am a tentative member of the RB club. Reading this thread has got me even more stoked on my decision. The wait is killing me, but when I get in that car it will be worth it. I will add my first impressions when I pick up my car. I have never heard of an RB owner regretting their decision, but I have definitely heard of people regretting their decisioN to go KA-T and/or SR. I gotta be heading in the right direction lol.

if u can afford it go 25, the 20 in stock form is very un impressive in my opinion, and yes i had a 20 in my old coupe

I got a 25 sitting in it right now.:slight_smile:

I think I am going to call it Project Godzira lol.

Blasphemy! It has to be a 26 to be called anything with godzilla in the name. No one calls GTS-T’s godzilla :wink:

Good call on the 25 though… like he mentioned, the 20 is pretty disappointing for a turbo 6 cylinder.

I figured it would be like Smokey Nagata calling his G35 a GT-R. As long as it puts down the numbers it is sort of acceptable:cool:.

I"m trying to work out an estimate on $$$ per hp. At first I was thinking 350-375 whp would be nice. Now I am getting wood thinking about having a 450-500 whp map. I think this motor is going to infect me with the hp bug.

I have always wanted to have a monster car, and have been heavily influenced by the loons out east. The biggest appeal the Rb has had to me is reliable hp, and lots of it. Here you don’t see much over 400 in them, but they seem to take 500 on stock interns quite well. That, and it seems hard to ever have enough hp…I think I am in trouble lol.

I know exactly what you mean.

Just make sure you get rid of the stock turbo before you get too boost happy, they’re prone to disintegrating. Happened to my old RB25 car to the guy I sold it to… except the motor ate the bits of turbo and kicked the bucket. Expensive mistake.

Fortunately RBs have a T3 flange so finding a bigger/better turbo is a piece of cake.

I am going to run stock boost until next year,!and then hopefully before summer ge a new turbo, injectors,'set of cams, clutch, downpipe, intake manifold, oil cooler, and a power fc. That should cover most of what I need to do to get in that territory.

Hey dude. No I didn’t it they were all done in Japan in July of '08 and the motor only had about 35,000km on it when I bought it.

Ok, hopefully mines the same then,

You pay for what you get. If you cheap out it tends to lead to problems.

I love the rb20. Mine feels insane and I’m running sub 14 seconds. I will be putin an rb25 turbo on in a week to help increase my boost. I cheaped out and went with the 20 and
love it. It’s fast!

Just remember you can’t go by how many kms the import company tells you. Alot of kms get lost in translation. Just assume your motor has at least 100 000 kms on it. I replaced water pump and timing belt. Those are the very least you can do. You don’t know the history of the motor donuts best to start with a clean slate rather than risk a 2000 dollar motor.

Where’d you get a 25 turbo? How much?

If it is cheap. Get me one too.

If it aint, I’m a just save up for my 3076R :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have lots of time to save up over the winter and possibly longer.
If I do keep the car however…when she comes back out…WATCH OUT!!! lol

Or in the case of a lot of people, made up on the spot to get you to buy their junk.

Yes. Odometer rolling is really bad in Japan. It’s best to be weary of super low km sets, buy through the most credible souces, etc.

I picked a mint rebuilt 25 turbo for a hundred bucks with an oil line kit from
a buddy

I am going with a RB20 in my set up which I plan to buy from TorontoJDM if the price is good! I am building the car for lapping but I will DD the car cause im a kool dude lol…

anyways I like Slide Junkies set up. I wanted to do the same intercooler set up.

I am wondering how much CC’s are the RB25 injectors?
How much better is the RB25 turbo than the RB20? power reason please and thanks!

Let me know!

I know for a fact it had around 35k on it becuase compression dry test was 170psi through all six and the sticker on my cam cover said it was well.

If you say so. We are just sayin be wary.

Anyways this is a good link if you are tryin to make a decision. Talks about injector size too. http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/135400

so im getting rid of my integra. And plan on swapping in a rb20 into a s13 coupe.

But!, I want to keep my t67 turbo and throw it on the rb20, curious to know how it will respond. Or should i sell the turbo and grab a gt30 :smiley: