RB

Well, I have TWO board members that were with me at the time, so I’m pretty sure I’m not making this shit up.

Also, I figured out why my car is running quicker than most with a stock setup.

I have a Tomei 2way with pumpkin from an R32. Apparently, I have a higher final drive now. 4.36. That would explain my way higher speedo readings.

That’s it!! Another benefit to the diff. :slight_smile:

SCORE!

Ah the diff would prob be the diffence

Hahaha, I think we all have had that problem with the RB boxes. They’re tight as fuck, gear 1 is where gear 3 would be with the KA tranny. :lol:

Saw a couple guys doing this on the Internet so I figured I’d give it a shot since I have to make IC piping anyway.

I F’n hate the stock TB location, ridiculous.

I’ll have a picture tomorrow of the TB welded on, installed on the motor. Probably going to use a short piece of 2.5" piping to space the TB further away to solve some clearance issues.

That’d awesome Brendan. Way cheaper then a Freddy Mani too

More importantly, you don’t loose the bottom end torque that the shorter runners on a Greddy one cause.

I want a rb20 and slap on a HKS gt25 :smiley: with some tomei cams

Finished front facing manifold. Sooooooooo much easier to work on with it this way, I could actually get to the bolts that hold the upper mani to the lower mani and even connect the hoses that go straight down from the plenum with it bolted together. Everything clears the S13 hood except for the bracket I fab’d up for the throttle cable… it barely hits the hood so I need to do a very small trim to the hood bracing, no biggie. Much better than most RB swaps that have 3/4 of the hood bracing removed for clearance.

Plus I can change my spark plugs without taking half the F’n car apart.

It isn’t the prettiest thing ever, but if you’ve seen the car the motor is in you’d know that I don’t really care. Just fine for a winter beater.

i did 13s in a SR, its in the launch and the shifting!

• 3 inch exhaust with cat,
  • coilovers,
  • 15psi in rear tires,
  • Exedy Stage 3 clutch (3 puck),
  • Front Mount Intercooler
  • Alot of fuel!!

60ft… 2.1
1/4… 13.6
MPH… 101

Looks good Brendan. What you doin for an intercooler.

Car looks MINT Brendan… I need me one of this front facing manifolds.

Immma let you finish but this thread is about how wicked awesome rb’s are. Lolz.

Get that thing on a dyno. I wanna see the torque curve!!!

Agreed! Me wants this! Car sounds fucking hot.

On a side note, this is probably the greatest car of all time imo.

All done my swap.

Stu: Intercooler is a front mount that I made the piping for, that’s part of the reason I did the front facing TB… makes the IC piping a lot less work.

sticky: Thanks, but the car is definitely far from mint, lol. I bought it for $450 earlier this year so you can imagine it isn’t the greatest, haha.

87s15lt1: If there happens to be a dyno day in the near future I’ll throw it on to see what it puts down… I’m not really going out of my way to see though. I’ve actually never put a car of mine on a dyno before. Do you think it would improve the torque at all? Only performance gain I could see it giving is slightly faster spool time with a FMIC due to the shorter piping.

Few pictures… don’t ask about the bumper paint, lol:

Spool time should definetley increase. Stock turbo? Probably full boost around 3500 I would guess?

I am only worried that the TB limits the air flow to the rear cylinders. As the stock TB is centered. Increasing torque. I honestly don’t know lol.

DYNO!!! :D:D

Looks real good though.

Yeah, just the stock turbo for now… I’m sure that won’t last too long though, I can’t leave things well enough alone.

Not actually sure what it hits full boost by yet… I am an idiot and filled up with 87 the day before I pulled the KA out so it detonates if I abuse it. I have to drive around sanely for a bit to burn some gas off then dilute it with some 94 before I can really see what it can do.

SO hard not to floor it, lol.

I’m actually more concerned about the new manifold starving cylinder #1 more than the rears due to the sharp angle it has to turn to get there… it’s over 90 degrees and pretty tight. I’m just going to leave it at a pretty conservative tune once I get to making some more power to be safe.

Looking good brendan,

thanks again for the mounts :slight_smile:

Bredan Do you know how to use nistune? Also got any destchwork injectors laying around?

yepp

it’s #6 that will typically run leaner than the others with that style intake