RB

you do realize that you will need parts of the ka harness to hook up the rb harness, right? you will also need the lower ka harness for the rb tranny.

Man… I baught my RB20 mckinney mounts an fmic an installed it for myself for less than 2G

my beautiful thread is being destroyed!!! nooooo lol

my ka will be for sale AFTER the swap is done and everything is good. everything included and not included will be listed. yes i know i need the ka trans harness.

So…this is what I need???
http://mijperformance.com/ebay/JUNE08/DSC05418.jpg

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40917

everything needed incliuding downpipe, clutch, EVERYTHING i dont even wanna think of how many parts ive replaced in terms of regular maintenance

I don’t think that one will work. mine looked like this:

Also, the wiring is pretty easy. Just make sure you connect the start wire to the ecu and an acc power to the aac valve or it will run like shit when it’s cold.

3 g’s no shipping?!?! way outta my budget for this. lol sorry man

uh…hum

Lol, Tom you can get a decent turbo with no shaft play or anything of the sort used. You just have to know EXACTLY what your looking for.

Speaking of which, you should ged rid of that rb20 turbo bullshit :stuck_out_tongue:

:wtf:

so am i having NO luck finding a god damn cross member!!! help please.

you’re gonna be looking forever for a crossmember, and the one you posted wont work. the only real options you have here besides the crossmember, is mckinney, or weld up some adapters for the ka crossmember yourself(not recommended)

Yea, I figured and…well, feared that. If any body hears anything of anyone having one up for sale. PLEASE let me know.

I will be posting a wtb/trade thread in the upcoming weeks.

I’m to the point where I will trade ALL the parts in my f/s thread plus receiving like a $100 for the friggin cross member. Frustrating. Everything else is figured out basically…

subscribed, im doin the same thing.

re check from Mckinney… I ordered mine right from there site… shipped right to my door

As for anyone wanting to do this wiring… Its soooo easy… Mines plug an play now… I wired in the Ka plug an BAM its all good…

Honeslty its 4 wires…

Short run down

these 3 are on the RB harness in the Grey big 6 pin plug an what they go to

• White/purple stripe off RB Plug to the Thick white wire thats at the front fuse box by the battery

• Black with red stripe off rb plug to the black with red stripe off the grey plug by the battery

• white with black stripe off rb plug to the red wire outta the same grey plug by the battery

This last wire from RB harness comes from the ecu plug

• Pink wire to the black with pink strip off the small brown plug thats right off the same lead as the grey plug near the battery

Now what i did was cut the grey plug off the Rb harness and the grey plug an brown plug off the ka engine harness… extended wires accordingly to match use solder… not crimps to button everything up an shrink wrap but test to start first B4 you wrap everything up tight with elec tape for a clean look

Ok just found this as well for wiring

This how-to is for 89-90 240SXs that came equipped with SOHC engines. Wiring up a 91-94 DOHC engine should be very similar, but not quite the same. This how-to also assumes that you already have the engine and tranny installed. If you are performing this swap, make sure you have the engine and tranny installed properly.

1. Run the ECU harness into the passenger side of the car, extending the mass air flow sensor, and O2 sensor wires.

2. Locate 2 plugs on the RB20 motor harness. Both being rectangle and one having 6 wires, and the other having 8 wires.

3. After locating these, find the female end of each of these plugs and cut them back about 6-8 inches.

4. Locate 2 oval plugs on the KA chassis harness, one being grey, and the other being brown.

5. After finding these, cut the Black/red wire, and connect it to the Black/red wire on the RB plug that was just cut.

6. On that same plug, cut the Red wire and splice it to the white/black wire on the same RB plug.

7. Going towards the fuse box, there will be a white wire that goes into the box. Cut and strip both ends of it.

8. Splice the white/purple wire from the RB plug into the white wire.

9. Off of the ECU there is a Black/pink wire for the fuel pump, run a wire from the ECU into the engine bay to the black/pink wire from the fuse box.

10. Now there will be a plug with 2 wires in it on the KA chassis harness, one being white and the other being black/yellow. Find the black/white wire on the other RB plug and connect the two.

11. Coming out of the fuse box there will be a plug that contains a small white/red wire. Take that and connect it to the white red wire coming from the RB motor harness by the alternator.

12. Take the thick white/blue wire and run a wire from there to the positive battery terminal; that will charge the battery from the alternator. The way I did mine was I took the RB battery harness and connected it to the battery as well as the KA battery harness, that way it powers the KA harness and the RB harness, same goes for the negative battery cable.

13. Make sure to use the ground for the starter from the KA lower harness

also… 1 other thing… youll need the oil pressure sending unit outta the side of your ka engine… put it in place of the rb one

3g’s no shipping?! right…like it wasnt a deal enough with all the extras…all youd need would be exhaust/rad/fans/IC…

its 2500 now…out of your budget?

getting everything i need for 1,500. not looking for a “tuned” or “modified” RB. i’ll do that myself. plus getting it through a company, i get warranty.

good luck with yoru sale though