RC Car racing... Who wants to run with us???

Scratch me off… headed up north this weekend. :idiots

you suck george

damn :stuck_out_tongue: i used to have hpi nitro mt and hpi mirro RS4 but i didnt know anyone else with them , well I did but they either were broken or something i dont know but i got rid of mine few years ago, VERY expensive hobby for a kid without a job , i wanna get back into this tho sometime would be cool

do it up dude… there are a ton of nice used RTR kits of all kinds on ebay. Much less than buying new, and it is already built!

I just got mine running good today. I am ready for sunday.

Anyone running a nitro have a temp gauge/gun?

ya i was thinking about grabbing a nitro kit off ebay, i wanna stay with nitro tho it was really fun, them electrics are rockets too tho and you dont piss people off using them either… so idk…MAYBE i’ll look into that, but then again we’ll see that was an expensive ass hobby and i rather put my money else where

ill try to get my friends dad to go, he got EVERYTHING to do with nirto r/c.

Cool, I just ordered one of ebay. oDonnel racing one for $18!

I like using the on-boards since they have a sensor physically on the heat sink, where it will get a consistent reading. I have one on my Nitro Quake and it helped a shit ton when I used to use it!

im thinkin about building a custom thing, with some weed whacker engine and servo’s/transmitter but im not really sure i feel like it LOL but if I did i would probably just buy some radio stuff, smoe wheels and make a sprocket put a bike chain or something on that, and w/e and jsut run this thing around for fun i guess idk maybe i wont do it, i was thinking about it for a minute the other day weed whacking…

or you could invent an R/c weed wacker/mower

FUN and it gets the job done!

rofl ya i was thinkin all that and im like… i would just end up with a stupid ass r/c car when i could just buy a used nitro one way cooler…

Yep true that… just get a nice used jobbie and run it.

So who is in tomorrow?

ok i’ll look on ebay see if i can find something under 200 bucks

Ran across this today. Just wondering if it would be anything that a few people might be interesting in getting into. Since we are on the topic of r/c cars, I figured I would post it here.

I plan on picking up the stage-D kit for my RS4 soon. So I would be down for some late night drifting :banana

R/C Drifting

[youtube=425,350]<object width=“425” height=“344”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/v7UKHX28hTo&hl=en”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/v7UKHX28hTo&hl=en” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” width=“425” height=“344”></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]<object width=“425” height=“344”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/MZEa5LOSh2c&hl=en”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/MZEa5LOSh2c&hl=en” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” width=“425” height=“344”></embed></object>[/youtube]

that kit is a waste of money, just take the belt off the front and you have rwd. second mount the battery box behind the rear suspension.

2-3 minute mods and you can drift. i did it to mine and it works great. read up on tricks around the kit.

Yea I am looking into it right now. The stage d kit is for the RS4 Evo 3. I may just pick up a electric car for drifting, they say you get better control with them.

i forgot all about this r/c drifting stuff i always had off road trucks really…

i would def be into doing some drfiting, you know of any popular drifting cars / kits ? maybe some HPI ones or something that is used by alot of people for drifting, looks like alot of these guys are running the same cars… they all handle the same and im assuming they all are AWD belt setups ?

let me know a few names to look out for and i’ll research them up and see if i cant find a good one on ebay

alright if anyone is going, I will park behind the crossgates commons up on the top left side, I have a gray VW Jetta. If the lot is full, I will head over to the office buildings across from the italian community on down the road if you pull out of the commons take a right down washington ave ext. and I think it is the 2nd light take that left at the light and go straight untill you see me, I am sure it wont be hard to spot.

you should of put a time, but im going to crossgates commons now. i should be there by 1245

i was there from 1250 til 130 not ONE person came, but i did get 4 people to come watch and bs with me

i say next sunday JUNE 15th, at 12 noon. at crossgates commons walmart front parking lot. ill be there and my rs4 will finally be done. my hpi today over heated after drifting it for 30 min in 93 degree heat soo i might put my spare motor in for next week