RC Car racing... Who wants to run with us???

wow i guess it wasnt that bacd after all ebay FTW!

engine mount plate .95 plus 2.95 shipping from philly
USED 3 speed trany 45 plus 10 shipping from austraila

Yeah Lehoe, the grass ripping Quack is back.

nice deal ;D

Are those Glow Drivers a one time deal of sorts? Charge 12 hours to start the car once?

I woke up this morning and after a 24 hour charge went to the car put the Driver on the glow plug and the car started. Being all excited I drove over to Target to get the batteries, come back, set everything up and yank on the pull start like a 12 year old going through puberty pulling on the you know what and to my avail, nothing happened.

I assume that the Glow Driver discharged after the first time and now needs to be charged for 12 hours to make it run again?

lol vlad… nah they work for a LONG time on a charge…

to make sure take the glow plug on and use the glow starter or what ever u call it on the plug and see if it makes the coil red hot… if it does then it works…

if yuor engine isnt starting then…

welcome to the R/C Hobby…

dude I found the perfect lot!!! The Northway mall! Across from colonie center. I went by late last night, midnight actually and the parking lot infront of marshals is AWESOME SAUCE! Nice and flat, and the lighting is insane! it was pitch black out and it was lit up like Las Vagas!

This sunday Marshals is staying open this sunday for some reason later than normal: 8PM. but all the other stores around it close at 5pm.

Maybe that would be a sick spot for next weekend!

Alrighty people, lets shoot for 6:00PM in the back parking lot again at the Crossgates Commons. This time, I will not sit where the ants were. I just changed the inital post as well for the new date.

Ok but listen, my auctions dont end for 4 days at least, so I wont make this event, but the next one plz do it soon after :slight_smile: :banana

methinks either the charger we got is shit, or the battery is.
it drained almost immediately, the car just would not start, the coil on the glowplug would heat up but not glow.
we tested the battery, it’s giving the voltage below nominal.

ya it could have a bad cell on the glow plug ignitor. Try to get one that has a the screw off top, that you just put plan onld C or maybe D sized batteries in… that way if you kill it you dont have to wait all day to charge it up again.

ive got 2 lol drive the rs4-2 or the rs4 mt ;D

ive got 3 extra chargeables i dont use you can have. i dont like chargables. throw out D-batteries FTW!

You should go to Lowe’s parking lot behind marshals. They just built it and the lot is freshly paved ;D

Trying to adjust the servos so the car can idle.

It either spins like a screaming demon, or dies.

How long should it run to the point where it won’t need a Plug start?

you take it out right after it starts. it wont hurt it if you leave it in. also check your handheld, and then check your throttle knob on it and see where its at. half way is usually the norm

Still having huge issues with it running.

Hopefully I’ll see some of you guys on Sunday to help sort it out.

Electric starts any good?

its a hit or miss on a huge amount of things. you really cant just jump into it and expect everything to work (not saying you, just in general) it takes a lot of trail and error. but sunday i say gimme 3 minutes flat and ill have it running perfect.

if you have the money yes they are

@ 240 thats pretty cool dude, well then I’ll be there sunday :slight_smile:

@ vlad haha dude… come sunday lets see if we can help ya out :stuck_out_tongue: if u never messed with nitro engines before its quite the PITA if u ask me, they can be a bitch

but when they run right its awesome…

I wanna get a wheeler king electric version sometime, for rock crawling or mudd bogging… nitro engines + rock crawling… i dont think is a good idea, too slow moving to provide good cooling etc electric more precise also plus u got reverse without buying a reverse equipped tranny

so basically if i want to be a dick, i’ll just head over at like 6:15 and chase your RC cars around with my beater, in between deliveries. :haha

hahaha yea basically but watch out for flying glow plug wrenches !

actually… you could just head over there to deliver us a pizza…

:crackup

lmfao, yo singh your still up… come drink at my house and eat some pasta! :confused

where u live i’ll come