Rear Wiper Won't Stop.

Yeah so when I turn on my rear wiper since a few days ago…it doesn’t stop!

I was washing my rear window with it and when I let go of the spray button it just kept wiping back & forth without ever stopping. Neither the spray or on/off button are sticking. If it’s off and I press on/off or spray, it just keeps wiping on a continuous cycle…

Turning off the car and restarting it is the only way to get it to stop and be able to drive without it.

Any ideas on this weird one?

Your wiring harness that goes into the hatch is cracked.

Probably right where it leaves the roof of the car and goes into the hatch.

If its really bugging you, unplug it from inside the hatch, until you fix it.

Lift hatch remove cover thingy its right there, unplug.

I just realized that it only starts after you use it once.

… so my guess could still be right, but im a little less confident.

Sounds like it could be your TCU (Timing Control Unit) it controls a bunch of little timed sequences in the car.

Alrighty then…

So far this is the only oddity. I’m going to try resetting ECU again (disconnected neg. terminal fixing power windows earlier). Harness looks intact. I’ve never touched it and the surrounding area is very clean. I figure, albeit as a complete guess, that the TCU might cause other things to act funny as well so hence trying the reset first. :dunno:

I’ll look more into it this evening after work.

Thanks!

Don’t use it then. How often do you need it? I haven’t used mine in forever. That has alot to do with it has no blade but I haven’t missed it at all.

BELIEVE me, I use it in the winter, a LOT. Very handy. Otherwise I would have removed it for minor weight savings! :smiley:

Okay guys…I still have the problem:

Wiper should: Wipe every 10 seconds while button is depressed. Stop when wiper button is released.

My wiper does: Wipe non-stop when button is depressed. Does not stop when wiper button is released (car must be turned off completely).

I haven’t exactly FOCUSED on it, but i’ve tried/checked a few things…

Harness appears intact (inside hatch). Battery disconnected and reconnected, problem continues.

I want to get this little issue fixed, and the only thing I can think of left to check would be the harness inside the dash bezel, which I will, because it was around the time I installed the speedo.

But other than this, any further suggestions?

meeg0krayzee

Checked harness inside dash bezel, and it’s good…crap.

• Wiper motor clearly works
  • Rear harnesses and wiring intact & clean
  • Dash bezel buttons and harness connected and clean
  • Wiper only stops when car is turned off

So that leaves, like what, the TCU or…? Geez.

What else could cause this??? :x

i just took that thing off when i painted the car, dont need it, no need for it in summer.

I have this same friggin problem, if I figure it out i’ll let you know what it is, and diddo if you figure it out.

I had this problem just once last week. It lasted for about 2-3 minutes then i was just finger f*cking the buttons (rear wiper and rear spray) and eventually it stopped. I’ve used it since then with no problems.

WEIRD.

dude what is resetting your ecu going to do about your rear wiper…