Recommend me a Street/Drag tire... please

You forgot to take the grain of salt…

A6 are auto-x tires.

R6 are road race tires.

A6s woud probably last ~1000 miles of light street driving and would start to lose grip after heating up, normally last like 100 miles of auto-X. R6s last ~1000-2000 miles of track racing depending on if the driver is taking care of his equipment and not overdriving them.

I would recomend neither for longevity. I would assume that having one wheel peel would fall under the catagory of not taking care of the equipment.

Something like the Kumho V700, Toyo RA-1 and R888, Hankook Z211 last longer.

Like I said auto-X STREET tire, such as the Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec, Falken RT-615, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01, Yok’s Neova, Toyo’s R1R.

And yes, the rear tire does a lot of cornering sans suspension benefits, before you change the tire go to an parking lot and lower the rear pressure to 10 or 5 psi and do light cornering. There is a very good reason why steady state steering behavior can be summed up as Cfa - Crb.

The rear has camber? I could see caster for some dynamic toe.

What is the f/r weight of the vehicle, what are the spring rates? Not that is going to do anything more than give me a behind the keyboard ah-i-c.

An autox type street tire would be a great choice but I don’t think there is much available above 275’s in 17" sizes.

something like an ra1 or r888 would be nice too and give good straight line grip and way more cornering ability than a drag radial. I think they have the same sizing problem though.

Caster on a wheel with no steering? I can’t tell exactly what the rear end is but it looks like a straight axle to me

Agreed 100%… if this was for a bike tire, id have a ton more insight, but since my only car is a malibu right now, I dont have much to offer you…

Good luck

good insight. does the R6 rubber need adequate heating to perform well? or will street driving allow the tire to perform like it should? When it comes to track-type tires, i’m in the dark

as far as the rear tire, there is obviously supposed to be no camber, but it needs to be checked to make sure the axle/sproket is aligned properly upon installment of the new tire. I would think there should be tolerances in the hardware that don’t allow this…but whatever.

bikes are completely new to me…so i’m trying to error on the side of caution.

ugh. my vehicle partner ordered the asymmetrical Nitto Drag NT-01.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/vbarticles/photos/php1UncZF.jpg

looks like this will be the next tire. we’ll see how it performs.

Depending where the order was placed you may be able to return the tire. I once had a set that didn’t fit to my liking, believe it was through Discount Tire.

What was the stock tire on the T-Rex?

I mean, it’ll work… but I really don’t think that is a wise choice. asymmetrical that is.

isn’t the nt-01 a road race tire? Shave them down to 3/32 and they become a slick with two circumferential grooves.

NT-01 shaved might be a good value in $$$… buy a pair so you have an extra ready to go.

there are a bunch of evo guys who run them for street tires which is a little crazy unless it’s only your “fun” car which you qualify for.

I don’t think R6’s will get up to optimal temp, but it is really hard to tell behind a keyboard. Optimal temp is in the 170-195ish so if you have an infared pyromeer/thermometer, you could check.

However I think these would be closer, in race conditions they would get too hot in the dry. On the street I think they would be in the right range to a little on the hot side. Might wear too fast for your liking…?

315/35 R17 Wet…

https://www.hoosiertire.com/discontinuedtires.htm

Click begin shopping, the second tire down.

Chances are you will be fine with an asymetrical tire, I would guess the construction is the same and the mold is the only thing that is different. Check Nitto’s site and see if they brag about using a dual compound, if not it’s fine.

A “drag” tire will probably have enough cornering capabilities for you to enjoy/ barely notice a difference, just as a road race tire has enough forward bite.