Removing key lock cylinder

My car was broken into on sunday and the jakass tried the old screwdriver in the ignition bit and tore it all to shit. So im trying to remove the old one, but im having problems removing it, my manual says to drill the sepcial “snap off” screws out, are the pretty much rivets or do the thread in? Has anyone had to replace this b4, if so any tips.

i can give you a hand with it tonight if you want!

Ya, its a bitch. They are pretty much riveted on. Good luck. We basically chisled it out. hah.

its pretty easy. I have to do this everytime lon looses a ket when I am on the road. Just get a small punch and chizzle it out. Then use bolts when you throw it back in. Also to save you some money when they make your new barrol cyl take your driver side door pannel off and pull out the key barrol and there should be 6 numbers in it. You think you can see it when its in the car but you always miss one so just slide out the clip and pull it out to cheak. The key guy can use that number to get your exact key made so it still matches your other locks and will work great.

Thatnks for the info, i actually brought home a broken bolt extractor set for work, they r left had fluted drill bits, so u drill ccw and when it jams, it pulls the screw out. Worked slick, took like 5mins, well after i charged my drill bateries that ran out last night lol.