repaired rocker panels

got my car back and took a few pics of the bodywork and i just wanted to know what people think about it. cost me less than a grand. and the before pics are in this post:
http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27021

DRIVER’S SIDE

PASSENGER’S SIDE

wow nice job.
what did you do buy new rockers and got them to reweld them on??
or did they totatly rebuilt the rockers?

looks good though

my bodyman told me he didn’t have replacement panels nd it would b like 300 each side if he got from the dealer. so he fabricated one for me and i think he did a reallly good job

if he fabricated it, then it is quite nice…

great work. although i hope there’s some metal under that fiberglass in the wheel well.

looking at the before pics i wouldn’t have even accepted the job, lol. fabricating panels and rockers aren’t as hard as some people think, luckily i have a parts guy here with 4-5 240s (mostly just 2nd writeoffs, or water damage) with rockers, frame rails etc for easy fabrication.

Looks like he did a good job on the body work, altho the paint match isnt the best…

As long as its Metal in there i think u got a good deal…

those fenders are welded to the rockers, so you wouldnt be able to replace them

not to be a ass or anything it does look nice but i notice’d on the rocker on the DS right under the back corner of the door it slighly buldges out…bondo’d maybe…double check with a magnet all around where he did work. If he said its metal and the magnets not sticking…id be complaining for some money back for doing it the 1/2 ass way…im hoping u didnt get jipped.

the paint on mine i think is still the same from 1990 but is really faded. and i doubt he would have a creme/faded white to match it.

thanks dvstr 4 pointing out the fender being welded…i was looking at it and thinking to my self…i kno theres supposed to be a crack here…well…i guess i’m screwed or i’ll have to get it cut if i’m gonna put a new fender.

thanks for all your comments

was there any bondo on the car?

can you give me some contact info because i need my rockers done as well! looks great!

There’s obviously going to be bondo there, even if there is new metal welded in which there probably is because you can see the spot welds on the seem, theres gonna be bondo there to make everything nice and smooth. If bondo was used to fill the holes than thats a whole different story, but doing this type of bodywork without the use of bondo is almost impossible.

Can you tell us how much exactly he charged you please and what the contact and address info is?

I think its a pretty good job.

Looks much better now, lol. Hope the rust doesn’t act up again.

How Long did it take for him to do it
and how much exactly

I need some body work done same areas

yeh def i need some work done also. info would be great… thanx. and nice work.

wow looks amazing, congrats!

its alot like my rockers that were done before i bought my car…except i still have an area between my front fender and rocker

Car looks really good man i cant believe the before and after pictures all this for less then a grand. I have a few hook ups on body guys so if anyone needs something just shoot me a pm im located in Northyork so are the shops just tell me whats wrong with it and some pictures so i can estimate how much.

wow looks amazing, congrats!

its alot like my rockers that were done before i bought my car…except i still have an area between my front fender and rocker