Repairing Car worth it?

Hey,

I started a 240sx project about a year ago and built it up but unfortunately got into accident. The front of my car took some serious damage. I love my car and for me to scape its just too hard.

Be nice if had a few opinions from others. The car was in a front collision. Since the car was lowered and the car I hit was an impala basically the car went under the impala. The impala had just bumper cover and a bit of frame damage but otherwise still able to drive.

Please refer to the link below to check out the pictures of the 240sx and just let me no if it repairable. I was thinking the lite assembly, radiator assembly, air intake, is needed. Also it looked like the engine bay has moved up a bit from its original position. Is that even fixable?

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ252207579

Would a appreciate guys.

Thanks

I just seen the pics…IMO its better to get a nice clean shell and start swapping out all the stuff because as much as you love the car, it is not worth it and it is going to cost you a fair amount to fix it, so instead, use the repair money to find a nice clean, relatively rust free shell and resume your project.

…unless of course, you really don’t care about the money you put toward the repair of this car.

talk to a professional body shop if the frame is bent only a frame puller can really work out the kinks … and even then Thats probably pretty ass expensive … so i’d say look into the option of buying a shell and do a complete swap of all the components you can and start over man :S… sounds rough but probably more cost effective than what it’d cost for frame repair … Depending on how bad it is … oh and yea your link needs fixing

good luck man

Ide say, start looking for a new platform to build on dude… We all know that it would suck, but I think its gonna save you time AND money

this has 2 threads…

make a list of all the parts that you will need to replace, how much you think they should cost, and see what you get. there’s prob some structural damage like bent frame in which case, you’ll have to get it pulled (which is expensive.) but that way you can get an idea of what you’re dealing with and start somewhere. i’d prob get a new car

i have all the front structure parts make me an offer im cutting my car up prolly on the weekend.

Alright thanks for the reply guys. Im probably going to get new car and do complete swap of all parts.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

thats the link sorry if the fist one didnt work

frame puller…do what i did…f-150…tow strap…and a heavy gas pedal…and my car looked similiar or worse…then self tapper the metal back together…and then also do what i did and crash it again…then strip it

Cut out alll that bent up shit, pull frame with truck and tree. get alignment. make new wheel tubs. make new rad support. Done. Weekend of work

Tube front end. End of story…