Request to see radar

I thought when you get pulled over for speeding you could request to see a printout from the radar gun or something?

I got stopped for speeding this past weekend on my way back to buffalo and the cop was a complete dickhead. Right away he told me he clocked me at 81 which is BS because i was trying to set my cruise control at 75 when i saw him on the side of the road.

But when i asked if there was a printout or something i could see because i was confident i wasn’t doing 81 he said “So are you trying to imply that i’m incompetent with my radar gun or just calling me a liar?, you will get all the evidence you need when i testify against you in court”

This shocked me since i was nothing but polite and he turned all hostile to me.

Just wondering if i should have been able to request something there at the scene or not?

a lot of their radar guns are inaccurate from what i hear…but they’ll never admit it, especially in court…

just go to the court date, stand your ground, and you’ll walk away with a parking ticket and no points…

He denied you the proof that you were speeding?

That doesn’t sound all too honest to me.

its going to be a huge pain in the ass to go to court since i got the ticket between syracuse & rochester. I’m probably going to keep rescheduling until its convenient for next time i’m around that area.

-they dont have to show you shit. And the judge is usually on their side. Ahhhh the quality of our judicial system…

so you should be able to request proof right there at the scene?

ah ok, well that sucks.

You don’t get to do shit except for accepting your citation. Court is where you get to ask for proof.

Number one law of road laws, you ARE guilty until you can prove innocence.

The almight $$$ Wins.

do i request proof before i head to court? Or just wait until my court date, show up and say “btw can i see the radar printout?”

lol. get a lawyer. they can get you whatever you want thats discoverable before trial

when u go to court, ask to see proof that the radar gun was calibrated correctly at the time. From what I understand, they have to re-calibrate them every week or something. If they cant show proof that the radar gun was calibrated u can most likely get out of it.

if i request it at the time of trial though, isn’t there a chance they might postpone it and i’d have to come back another time?

That’s probably the only chance to prove anything.

Im suprised no one has ever made a complaint about the whole speeding ticket system in the states, not even lawyers or anything.

There should have to be some sort of video or photographic proof of the reading on the gun alligned with your car.

The only reason I say this is b/c we all know how many cops abuse their power… They obviously do it in traffic situations as well.

I got a ticket the other day on the 90 between Batavia and Leroy from a trooper… I got the “Supporting disposition” printout along with the printed ticket with all the “gun” information, and trooper info, etc.

that’s what i received also, i didnt see anything about gun information though i’ll have to re-read it

when i was doing ride alongs for school with the Niagara county sheriffs… their radar guns one u went buy them they went back to a blank screen and there was no printout system in the cars for them to print out anything

i guess i’ll just keep rescheduling until its convenient to go and hope the cop doesn’t show up for the court date.