Rider down-Old Wolf Rd this morning

Red cbr on the corner of the rd that colonie pd is on, didn’t see the rider or what hit the bike or vice versa

I heard the rider died, then just got update that he’s in critical condition. Bike is a CBR600RR. Guy works at Keeler, name unknown. A family member at Colonie notified me this morning and updated a little while ago.

Anyone else hear about it? I’m sure someone may know him as I know a couple people here work at Keeler

http://www.shift518.com/showthread.php?t=31560

Whoops

http://www.timesunion.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=local&search=1&inlineLink=1&query="Patrick+A.+Arpei"

Patrick arpei’s was the kids name.

If I was to guess according to what my wife told me when she drove by the wreck on her way to work and the picture, I’m willing to bet whoever was going right, went right on red (which is illegal at that intersection for exactly this reason) and got nailed by the oncoming traffic.

It looks like its on the opposite side of the intersection (side with the bridge) so it looks like the van turned left onto Old Wolf in front of the bike.

Yeah its hard to tell…although the driver of the shuttle was 77, so wouldn’t be shocked if thats what happened.

Went to high school with him. Extremely nice kid.

Yeah. I was good friends with pat… everything I’ve seen point to him passing away. I hope what I’ve read is a mistake.

Yes he did pass away.

For fucks sake. That’s horrible.

Condolences.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. :cry:

One thing I kept stressing about riding is intersections are death traps for bikers, simply from my shear observation and I am sure the statics will back it up. The amount of people runnning reds, stop signs and, yes, turning right at the “do not turn right when red” sign is abundant.

RIP.

RIP to the rider and condolences to his family and friends

Damn, RIP! Very tragic loss.

RIP… I really wish they would start filing charges against these people and maybe then others would actually start looking (yea right)

Yeah my sisters boyfriend was best friends with him. He did pass away, it’s a darn shame. It’s the risk that we take every time we get on our bikes, a risk we know and fully understand.

I believe it was the bus driver who was at fault after hearing about the accident.

RIP fellow rider.

Just awful R.I.P

Be careful out there fellas!

This needs to start happening! Off the top of my head I can’t think of a single case where a driver was charged for killing a motorcyclist (other than DWI and very fast speeding)