RIP Little Nismo...pics

On Oct 8th at 4pm, I was driving home on St. AlbertTrail. Everyone was going about 60 and then all of a sudden, the lane I was in, stopped moving. I had enough time to stop (inches from the car ahead of me) but the Dodge Dakoda and the Sunfire behind him didn’t. So BAM BAM, Mike got hit twice in the rear. (insert joke here) The impact was enough to push me into the stopped car infront of me as well as destroy my sub in the trunk. The hatch will not close and the entire rear of the car is pushed in about a foot. Needless to say I am a little shaken up and can now only look back at the memories that I had with that great car. She was always there for me and would have kept going for years to come. RIP Sentra :cry:

PS - I am now looking for another winter car, preferably a nissan ASAP

Sometimes change is a good thing. A new sentra with SR20DET might be in your future.

Sorry to hear Mike. Glad you are not hurt.

Im sorry to hear about your loss Mike, but just think about the Silvia…

sorry to hear. i know what they are like and hopefully you don’t get dinges on insurance for it and i got an 01 civic that might be for sale soon. 258XXX kms. around 7 g’s. my mom’s car. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to hear about the accident dude.

We have a '91 Maxima that we are putting an engine in as we speak, and would be a suitable replacement for the Sentra.

Give Neil a call next week and see what he wants for it (As (I will be in Vancouver on holidays)

Thanks!
Cory

Sorry buddy, I knew how much ya liked that lil car!! :frowning: But… SILVIA TIME!! :lol:

Glad to hear you’re ok man!! But like I said on the phone man, go get checked out!!

That sucks man, that car was awesome. Good thing is, you are ok. Did you buy a Silvia already (I am out of the loop)?

Sucks to hear Mike, hopefully it’s all resolved peacefully!

Good luck Mike, you will find another Nissan project!

That car was soooo clean too :frowning: As long as you’re alright and you preserve the memories she’ll live forever! :wink:

This is a strange coincidence, because after you left here and then called me yesterday about it, I got a phone call from my buddy Kev who was also here at the shop and left and called me shortly after you did saying he was broken down on the side of the road. :shock: I hope this ain’t a bad omen!

Sorry to hear about that dude. Yeah, you may feel ok now, but just wait a day or two, you might start to ache. Don’t rule out that you are not hurt yet.

ANyhow, best of luck with it all man. Just think, you don’t need to get that tensioner out anymore :wink:

Thanks guys. The da after feels alot worse. The neck and back are in pain. Also my insurance company is closed this weekend and my doctor is not taking patients till tueday. And my boss is like I need you on tuesday!!! So what a great way to finish off another summer.

So some of you might know, the sentra was going to be my winter car and a silvia was going to be the summer. So now i don’t know what to do. I think I will try to find a winter car for cheap and later on get a silvia. But who knows.

LOL, actually Aaron, when I was at Dru’s shop I was telling him that this long weekend I was going to get that fixed b/c I have sunday and monday off. All the way home I was like, Ok, I got to call Eriksen for this and go to Can Tire for that and then smash.

Hey, don’t let your boss bully you into working if you are injured! You could aggravate your injury! It’s not like you got hurt on purpose.

Did you get any witnesses? The Dakota driver (or his lawyer) is going to say that you caused the whole incident by hitting the car in front of you. This would cause your car to stop much faster than normal, and it would be his excuse for hitting you even though he was “following at a safe distance and speed” :roll:

Some woman in a Dodge RAM tried the same defence after she rear-ended me when I stopped behind a car that was waiting to turn left. She also pushed me into the car in front of me. Luckily the damage to my front end and the other car’s rear end was very minor, so nobody believed her when she said that I caused the collision. :twisted:

Anyway, good luck with everything and I hope you feel better soon.

Actually it shouldn’t matter if that is the Dakota drivers defence. Cause he rear-ended Mike. Anytime that you rear-end someone, it is your fault no matter the excuse!! Ignorance of the law is no excuse. All it could do tho is, reduce the settlement that Mike will get!! I would have tried to get witnesses tho!! Would be a great idea!!

Damn. My friend and I were hit on the 8th too. Totaled his s13. Good to here you are okay.

Ya and I would have to but when its rush hour on STA trail it’s kind of hard to jump out of your car and start looking for someone who saw it. I was just so stunded and made sure no one was hurt. I don’t think it will be a problem. Everyone who was involved seemed to all agree on what happened. It also doesn’t look good when the guy in the dodge was 64…I’m sure his reaction time is a little worse than mine. Sorry to hear about the silvia. I guess it’s not friday the 13th, it’s friday the 8th. Hope you guys are ok.

I think you are right in most cases, except when the person that you rear-ended did something illegal to cause the collision; an unsafe lane change, for example.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn Mike to be prepared if a lawyer gets involved. People will change their story about who was at fault quite easily. Hopefully that old guy won’t hire a lawyer.

So I now need to find some good places where I can get some estimates done to find out how much it will cost to fix. I was wondering if there are some good nissan shops that do collision estimates like sumarus or ericksen? I’m thinking about taking it to atleast 3 shops. Thanks guys.

Mike, I seen you car parked today. That’s a good hit. Surprised you’re still driving it. Thank god for rope.