Running Test Pipe....$5000 Fine???

Hey guys, I have a general question about running an exhaust system with no catalytic converter. What kind of fine can you receive from a cop if he catches you running without a catalytic converter? A friend of mine told me that it was something like a $5000, which seems quite harsh. I understand that you are breaking envoiremental laws, but that is a fairly large fine, something you see when you are caught without insurance. Does anyone know the actual fine in a dollor amount, and if there are any demerit points? I would really like to know what the consequences are if one were to get busted by a cop.

Hey guys, I have a general question about running away after commiting a murder. What kind of fine can you receive from a cop if he catches you? A friend of mine told me that it was something like a life with no parrol, which seems quite harsh. I understand that you are breaking laws, but that is a fairly large penalty, something you see when you are caught for being a serial rapist. Does anyone know the actual consequences in a years amount? I would really like to know what the consequences are if one were to get busted by a cop

if it’s illegal, don’t be stupid and post it up like you are considering it…

I don’t think a cop can just pull you over and give you a ticket for not cat. I believe it would have to be looked at by the MTO.

It’s around $300, no points.

IIRC, 300 bucks for no cat, running from cops is rigth away dangerous driving/fleeing police = 6 points = possible enprisonment up to 6 months + whatever laws you break while runnning add on (running red’s, speeding, multiple lane change violations, etc) if your gonna run, lose them QUICKLY if they didnt get your plates and jump in somehide out lot and shut off your car and pray to god

347 dollars

your an idiot.

I don’t know what you are trying to prove here, with a response like that. I was simply curious about the potential fine, and wanted an educated answer. I don’t understand why people like you try to act all big and bad behind their computer monitor. Maybe it makes you feel all tough and sh!t.

I thought Ed’s reply was kind of funny… haha.

it was funny but irrelivent, most ppl have something illegal in their cars that they know about, not just sonic. Hell, tinted license plates are illegal :roll:

i think your all in teh pot…

GT

That’s what I got

Yeah $347 ticket must be the norm. My friend’s FC got booked on the same thing. But the cop made him tow the car home.