Summond to Court ... wtf.

Extremely long story short, I got pulled over, drove to an inspection station, and got caught without a cat on my car. So I got summond to court and face a max fine of $1 000. Does anyone know what I can expect? I’ve gone to court a few times pleading not guilty, guilty with explanation, etc. However this time I was summond and have to show. Its Thursday at 9 a.m. Since all this happened I had to sell my car cause I had to get it cert+etested and get new plates on it, too big a hassel. I’m just going to be like I have zero money, had to sell my car because of all this, didn’t know it didn’t have a cat. Blow me. Any advice on what to expect?

Thanks

Jared

Shake and Bake

Goto court, bring a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo and mass pictures of underneath of a 240sx with a cat. Be like the guys were profiling me yada yada. The prosecutor will look at the sliew of pictures, not knowing the pics from the ass of a duck and tell the judge that they are withdrawing charges.

Its happened to me for numerous things. Too low, no pcv , too loud, improper emissions control etc.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

call me if you want to talk about what you can do further pm me.

the 180 in ur sig? tell em it came imported like that…you personally aren’t responsible for that car being put on the road without a cat. that depends if you want the law to go after that person/shop.

did they give you some bull about the car being unsafe? my buddy had to have his beat ass work van mininstry inspeceted :stuck_out_tongue:

sucks you had to sell your car in the matter. i dont think you’ll get the max fine.

sounds like you’re guilty and you know it.

court tommorrow?

bring in your bill of sale for the vehicle being sold…

its the responsability of the owner of the car to unsure that it is properly maintained and “legal” regardless of what you may or maynot know about the car , you own it and your responsible !!! This is coming from the mouth of an MTO inspector.

like bing says take ur bill of sale, and that will help lots

farmer

Its kinda hard to try and lie and say the car came like that… as you must have passed emission tests to get your plates and car registered in the first place… so you MUST have had a cat when you did it. It’s your choice if you choose to lie, but I wouldn’t want to be the one caught in a lie like that. Your ass would get the maximum probably for sure. lol

Ok nobody listen to me, its cool. Ive been through this. I would bet 90% of these people have never had this happen and the 10% just paid it.

you get butt hurt pretty quick eh ^^^. The guy asked what to expect, not how to schemmy his way out of the problem.

What you suggested is a pretty greasy move. Having a cat is black and white, you have one or you don’t. If you don’t and you’re caught you’re going to have to deal with it. Simple as that.

You had it right in the beginning, just go in play it like it was a mistake and you dont have the flow to pay the max fine. They wil reduce it, and even give you an extended period of time to pay for it. I’ve been to court enough times for b.s tickets and watched person after person plead guilty, end up with a greatly reduced fine and be granted multiple weeks to pay for it, including me.

Good luck

What does he owe to the courts for this? He got harassed. You can easily get out of it, why wouldnt you. If you got a 500 ticket for speeding and if you said xyz to the officer and you knew he would toss it at the side of the road, would you

I know i would.

what? I don’t see the correlation.

You can argue speeding if they dont have a radar print out.

And he may have been harassed, but thats more reason to keep your car as legal as possible. So when some douchebag cop does pull you over and try to fuck you, you can stop it. I’ve had cops get down on there hands and knees with there flashlight looking for the cat nd shit, had them make me test my ebrake, all lights, indicators, etc… as long as your shits good, it doesn’t matter.

anyways, good luck in court.

where did you get pulled over for this?

and this is why you gut out your cat and play it smooth… just so you can have cat sitting there eather its gutted or not :smiley: my 2cent yo.

^^^ well played aha

darian you ass call me

ding ding ding.
bring bill of sale and they will drop it

No shit Tacoboy. I asked what I can expect, not please feel sorry for me I didn’t do it.

I’ll bring the bill of sale, good idea. The full story is I bought the car etested, full knowing it didn’t have a cat. So I can at least say I bought it etested the previous owner must have modded the exhaust.

I don’t reallty want to bring fake pictures and be like this is my car, seems like I could get into even more trouble doing that…

this thread is so bad it gave me cancer and now im dead.

Be like, its a Grey Market vehicle, so it gets test at a pre 1980’s vehicle.

Well that was a waste of time. All they did was set trial for Jan 27th.

wow. so time to buy your car back, lol