Russell's Galant VR-4

So i picked this car up after a bunch of research into it & its previous owners.
It’s a pretty clean shell, only rust is on bumper supports & bottom of passenger door.

Cheeks towed it home for me (thanks again), and to his suprise it drove on & off the trailer has brakes and an e-brake. Stuff im told is rare on “project cars”

Its got a nice start, the motor is a 2.3 stroker and has a 16G on it. Wiesco pistons, Eagle Rods, Mitsu crank…no balance shafts. Basically the car was built by a guy who knew his shit, sold to a guy who parted a few things from it & sold to a kid who didn’t know anything…then sat for a few owners.

Good thing its been in a garage most of its life. Body is far from perfect but its going to be a beater/project, not a show car.

Day 1 was 12/1/2009
Car as it sat day 1
http://i45.tinypic.com/33xeg5t.jpg
Chaulk & Rust on the “BOV adapter”

Rust on the intercooler piping

“Patch” on the banged up intercooler
http://i48.tinypic.com/2drr0g.jpg
Banged up intercooler

Day 1 pile of crap removed…

Day 2: December 2nd

After cleaning grease and such off I noticed that the injectors dont match?
http://i49.tinypic.com/oiehpd.jpg
Also removed the valve cover to see condition of everything & found that the previous owner had JB welded a broken corner in it…

Parts list needed (AS CHEAPLY AS POSSIBLE):…and in no order

Exhaust Manifold (this one is cracked & has a shitty egt tap in it)
Eprom ECU…chipped or not (if chipped please tell me what for)
Injectors…not big ones & not stock
2G AWD Down Pipe
1G Spark Plug Well cover
195/65/15 Tires…all season
Boost controller…not “home depot” style
Oil Pan…current one is banged up to hell…
Cam Gear Cover
2G Aftermarket intake, preferably Injen
Apexi SAFC

At least not on the last dsm he towed… it didn’t have any of those!

I might have a spare spark plug cover for ya… I’ll check over the weekend

Was that car in New Ken for sale before?

:bigok: I always liked VR4s.

Not real great with Pittsburgh Geography but the guy i bought it from was about 10 mins past the liberty tunnels going away from downtown.

Before him the car was in Ohio.

the car was from brookline

I’ll take a look in my parts piles to see if I have anything you need russ

which number is that? ???/1000 or ???/2000

Neat little project…

I have a set of brand new pte 680cc injectors from an Evo for 125

The car is 1267/2000…its a 91

Thanks for the offer Turbo16…ill keep you in mind…

Please if you have parts for me to consider keep it to PMs, id rather not have this thread deleted as its not a Wanted or a FS thread.

Run a Evo VIII ecu in it…many have done it already in the 1G & 2G stable, works great.

im excited to see where this goes!!!
will it be as clean as ur evo!?!?!

I’ve got a spare cover here somewhere, far as I know no cracks.

Green had one of those, in not nearly as clean a condition,

I just wanted to give you a hard time about your boost controller comment. I run the same mcmaster $7 controller I did 7 years ago :slight_smile:

Very cool project, I’ve always liked the GVR4s.

Nothing wrong with them, there is one on the car right now. Just dont want another one…if i buy one, wouldnt want to replace it with the same thing

I hope you restore it more than just a beater. vr4’s are amazing. I may have an oil pan laying around, I scrapped over 5000 pounds of dsm junk today lol so my stash is not as large as it once was. I have some various other parts you many be interested in from injectors to fmic 1g style backdoor style if you can use it, act 2600, t-case, transmissions, longblocks, heads, 1g big brakes and on, like you said its no a forsale ad even though I am a donating member, pm me if interested in anything. jesse, kurt, or myself will most likely be able to help you though all your dsm do’s and donts.

good luck, you are going to need it.

lol i just noticed I scrapped 5k of dsm shit yet i still have enough shit to make like 9 cars

I drove a White one when they were new. Thought it was a blast to drive.

Saw a Black one at the Dyno day on Sunday. Didn’t Kolar have one at some time?

The black one was my buddies from Latrobe wish he would get it painted would look 100 times better

i want ur buddies vr4. Its sick :0