Rust on 240's

im looking at buying a 96 240sx but i heard once they have little or lots of rust on tem they are no good. Is this true

readersx: decide whatcha wanna buy and then get information
…you could ask that question on the thread that you started
before…
about the rust…no they don’t have much of rust…it all depends on the previous owner.

btw not trying’ 2 offend you or something .

as long as the underbody and the strut towers are in good shape ull be fine,some surface rust is fine, dont expect these cars to be comepletely rust free, remember this is canada

My 240 had some rust with like paper glued and painted over to look smooth. When i discovered it though, it was easily repaired using sheet metal and a cheapo welder from princess auto.

i have found that when it comes to an s14 you will want to pop the hood and check your inner fender, that is one spot they tend to rust if possible get it to a shop and on a hoist to get a good look at everything. check to see if the carpet feels at all damp, they can rust from the inside out. the body on my 95 looked fine when i bought it but the floor did need some patches. my 89 on the other hand was oiled every year by the previous owner so there was no patch work at all needed.

a 240sx can be an affordable super fun car if you get one that has been well taken care of. look at as many cars as possible and do you research. there is a lot to learn

as noopz said most of the work is easy do it yourself stuff. a 4x4 piece of 20 guage sheet metal will cost about $20-$25. i got my Lincoln flux core welder from crappy tire for like $250.