Rust Repairs

So if there is pretty bad rust right at the wheel well on the rear passenger side of my car, How much would i be looking at to replace/fix that piece? And keep in mind its prrrrrrretty bad so i think i need to replace it, How much u think i could get the piece for at a wrecking yard or off someone here?

your going to need pics man

If you’re talking about the rear quarter panel … could be some bad news.

Is it closer to the door or towards the trunk/hatch (behind the wheel)?

The rear extensions can be cut out and rewelded in without too much hoopla.

If you have a hole close to the door (like 3 inches back from the door seam, ahead of the rear tire where the arch starts)

Bad news. 99.99999999% of 240s with rot there have already lost the frame.

yee, unless u wanna pitch out 900 bucks for a new rear quarter.

Damn i wish i could post pix right now, won’t be able to until i get my digi cam but it should be xmas when that comes, it’s on the rear quarter panel i know that, so hard to explain where it is…It’s on the exterior of the wheel well near the back of it, i dunno if that helps at all either but really its all i can do without pictures…If no one can help now ill be sure to be posting pictures right after xmas time…I already know its going to be a serious problem with the rust issue there, but i wanted to get my car painted so this is gonna make me really mad when i get confirmation of the bad news :evil:

Would it really be that much for one even if someone was completely parting out their car? Or even if i went down to a wrecking yard possibly, 900 dollars? damn…

Its behind the wheel i can tell you that much actually, its definately not near the door…So maybe they can cut it at a body shop and reweld hmmm, just hope they dont charge me out my ass

i will estimate 5-600 for the repair with no paint. if its behind the rear arch. i know a guy that can do amazing work if your interested but it will cost…

I wont have th emoney for it until spring time but ill definately keep you in mind because i know im going to need the work done before i get it painted, thanks for the heads up man!
BTW that 240 in your sig is teh sex :shock:

Since your in chatham, there has been a guy recommended to me that lives just outside of chatham to do my body work. I work in windsor, and apparently this guy does alot of custom work in your area-mostly hot rod/muscle cars, but his work is highly regarded. I will PM you with details, I won’t be doing any work until the spring either, but I will be checking out his shop in the next month or so.

MY friend got his done for 650$ painted all done nice so im thinking around that price.

Alright sounds good bro, just pleeeease remember to PM me because this really needs to be done this spring before the painting happens, i just wanna have the car nicely painted before my swap in july

Yah no prob, wont forget !

So since his question is answered, can someone help me out here… I have 2 spots of rust on my roof… one is 1 cm x 1 cm, and its only surface rust, like it’s under the paint (I’m not too worried about this because if its under the paint i’m hoping it won’t spread?), and the other is 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm but this one bubbled and there’s a hole in the middle of the bubble, so since it’s exposed now I’m scared that it will spread (should I be? or not?), how much would it cost to have a shop fix that spot and paint over it?

I am From chatham aswell i didnt know there was another 240 owner around here. theres a guy in Chatham his name is mario he did my body work and paint on my S13. he builds alot of nice cars and trucks. i can hook you up with him he does good work…
Brent