Rust -S14

This question is geared for the s14 people,

where are some common spots that you have been finding rust?

I would really appreciate your input.
thnx so much

M

Rear wheel well
Usually around front windshield
Rockers

I don’t have any rust on my car, but those are the common places I see it.

Ya same with me I have bubbles in all those spots.

Most likely if there is no surface rust by the windshield it is most likely underneath!!! Rear quarters you can buy replacement 1\4’s(Excuse to go rear widebody!)

The rust is especially common in kouki s14’s(well thats what I have noticed)!

^^^ Please tell me your not going widebody :roll: The Suken Batleship effect was already bad with stock fenders :lol: With a widebody it would be like 20,000 leagues under the sea. Remember kids +5 offsets are your friend!!! :slight_smile:

rear driver wheel well… and some underneath the car but side skirts covered it!!

rear wheel well, and some rocker panel…

awesome thnx for the input guys :wink:

not body related but… check for it at the rear frame… where the frame meets the back bumper.

Rear quarters you can buy replacement 1\4’s

How would this work, I would love to just replace mine instead of fixing them… but the quarters are on very large piece connected all the way with the roof of the car, how would it be possible to replace that? Of course unless you cut the metal and rewelded… :?

James

just chop off all the rust and put a chargespeed rear overfender on top

Or say f*ck it and bondo it. Then slam it and get nice wheels and drift the piss out of it. Boro-stylez.

don’t you think covering it up will only let the problem spread? I know that the rust on my beater is spreading, so when you just put a fender over top won’t the rust start coming from behind it?

Rust is usually very difficult and very expensive to stop. If it starts and if it’s major like that, chances are your car will only last 1 season. So I’d just cover it up, and drift the hell out of it, then smash it into a wall and build a new chassis with the existing parts. But that’s me and I know some poeple who went all out to cut out all the rust in their cars…then again, their dad’s own bodyshops… cough alex