S13 alignment specs (drift/grip)

alignment

looked all over the net and got many results

what do you consider good for grip and what do you consider good for drift

or does everyone just run stock ? anyone run special aftermarket tie rod ends to get crazy alignment ?

stock alignment and change ride height depending on track

Does anyone know the proper way to do an alignment on a hicas car? Do you aline the rear end first? Or can you do just the front?

Hey vlad it Rory the wheels fit good man thanks.

1. take out rear HICAS subframe
  2. put in NON-HICAS subframe
  3. do alignment

werd

^^^ or install a hicas by-pass bar
which is wat i did
and heres my alignment spec if i remember correctly
Frt:
camber -2.5deg
toe 0deg
caster stock
Rear:
camber -1deg(maxed out w/ stock adjustment bolts)
toe 0.1deg toe in

riding on eibach prokit w/ kyb AGX struts

still trying to learn the setting and the car , so can’t really tell u how my car handles…

but i kinda want some more rear camber…

That sounds pretty ideal depending on what you’re doing with the car. You may be better off with another half degree of neg camber in the rear, but I wouldn’t go past -1.5 for grip.

thats wat i wanna go
but if i want nemore rear neg camber
i’ll hava get a aftermarket upper control arm, which is wat i don really want, cuz most i found are using pillow ball ball joints, since i hava winter drive my car, so i don think is a such a great idea…

I ran -2.5deg in the rear, and -4 deg in the front. Near 0 deg toe in the rear, front I can’t remember.

This is with r’s tho, you won’t be able to run that much neg camber up front on a street tire.

Yea, but your car was far more hardcore race car than street car + as you already mentioned you were running R comps.
I like my weaksauce conservative camber settings lol. Daily driven ftw! :smiley:

ok let me ask now

with more negative camber in the REAR, does this give more grip or less

cause its obvious you are using less tire.

and would it be different if it were for grip or drift?

i thought more neg camber in rear would mean less grip…but ive read different things on the net

street car=stock set up

track car

RA1’s= -3 up front -2.5 rear
hoosiers=-5 front -2.5 rear

This is what I’ve read.

A little bit of negative camber in the rear will give little bit more grip while cornering and high speed stability but only up to a point. Excessive negative camber will cause less grip like you said.

There is more grip with a little neg camber because when cornering, the tire rolls a bit. The rear neg camber will keep the tire from rolling onto its sidewall and give the greatest contact patch possible.

Drift cars and crap run crazy amounts of camber so that the rear can slide out easier.

Anyone feel free to go more in depth or correct me if I’m wrong.

^^ thats true about drift cars running crazy camber, but only certain amt of ppl.

a lot of guys that are pro run less camber to get more even tire wear, which will help get better smoke and less chunk and longer tire wear.

i’m running -3 in the rear and im thinking about going to -2 or even -1.5. i want nice even tire wear with longer life

I have stock toe and stock caster all around with -2 camber front and -3 rear. I’m ganna go to -2 rear once I get some multi link cause my stock adjusters are no good, I’d go to -1, but I’m already have a hard time fitting my tires and I’m going wider next summer. Car handles well, but I have no experience with pushing any other car so for all I know it handles like shit and I don’t know it.

Just suck it up and get flares or widebody panels and run the camber you actually want to. (My vote for molded fender flares) No reason to sacrifice tirewear and traction because you wanna fit wider tires… Kinda seems redundant to me. Especially since wider=$$$, and if you have mad camber wear you’re gonna need new tires by mid season, might get more if you rotate them.

-2 is mad camber? You must drive a Camry.

No, -2 is hardly mad camber, I was speaking in general, with fitting wider tires, chances are your camber is gonna increase… I’m running like -5 or more on my fronts (previous owner had it set up, haven’t touched it since), and I had to rotate them half way through the season (mind you that was about 30,000Km later), but they were down to nothing on the insides, and still full tread on the outsides. I want to pull some camber out, 'cause it’s awesome for handling, but a bit much for a daily driver.

Awesome for handling? On a race car with R compounds pulling massive G’s in the corners. Not on a street car at the kind of cornering loads you’re experiencing normally.

Normally no, driving the back roads I frequented when I was up there, yes.

I’m curious to see what it actually is, I’m sure it’s probably not -5, but it’s substantial enough to be very noticeable, and cause significant camber wear on my tires. I’ll see if I have a pic somewhere.